• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    To everyone who participated in this years charade we call the Maryland General Assembly,

THANK YOU!

Whether you wrote, sent emails, called your legislators, testified at the hearings, or stood shoulder to shoulder with the Patriot Picket, you contributed to the process. Be proud of your efforts, take what you learned this year, and prepare for next year. The process has already begun on the other side and, if they prevail at the Federal level elections in November, we will be in for the battle of our lifetimes next session.

I cannot say enough good things about Rack&Roll and the Patriot Picket. You guys are an inspiration to everyone in the Country fighting for the 2A. You exemplify the process that the Founders intended when they wrote the Bill of Rights. You were educated in the facts, you peacefully presented them to any and all, and you stood your ground even when the powers that be tried to silence you. It's just a travesty that the elected officials in this state, and nationally, don't do their job with the same dedication, effort, and honesty.

It is my Honor to say I know you guys, even if only through this forum!

God Bless you all, each and everyone!

Dogmeat :mdpatriot

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    To everyone who participated in this years charade we call the Maryland General Assembly,

THANK YOU!

Whether you wrote, sent emails, called your legislators, testified at the hearings, or stood shoulder to shoulder with the Patriot Picket, you contributed to the process. Be proud of your efforts, take what you learned this year, and prepare for next year. The process has already begun on the other side and, if they prevail at the Federal level elections in November, we will be in for the battle of our lifetimes next session.

I cannot say enough good things about Rack&Roll and the Patriot Picket. You guys are an inspiration to everyone in the Country fighting for the 2A. You exemplify the process that the Founders intended when they wrote the Bill of Rights. You were educated in the facts, you peacefully presented them to any and all, and you stood your ground even when the powers that be tried to silence you. It's just a travesty that the elected officials in this state, and nationally, don't do their job with the same dedication, effort, and honesty.

It is my Honor to say I know you guys, even if only through this forum!

God Bless you all, each and everyone!

Dogmeat :mdpatriot

Ditto.

Everyone who did SOMETHING should be proud of at least trying. Not everyone can do everything, but everyone can do SOMETHING. If you're reading this, you can send emails. If you have a phone, you can make calls.

I imagine over 95% of Maryland gun owners did nothing to resist the continued unconstitutional attack on our rights. Not suggesting that applies to anyone on this board, just the population at large.

Last year we measured success by the number of bad bills we prevented. This year, the jury's still out. We'll see. No matter what happens, next year will likely be an even tougher fight.

We (conservative gun owners) are in a rowboat on the Niagara river, heading towards the falls (applies to MD as well as the entire country right now). If everybody in the boat grabbed an oar we might reverse our progress towards the falls at best, but at the very least we could slow it down. Just like the flow of the river, our opponents are working tirelessly for our demise. Let's not make it easy for them.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I just want to add my thanks to all as well. Everyone plays a large role in our struggle to remain free, even through the smallest of actions. :patriot: :mdpatriot

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Ditto.

Everyone who did SOMETHING should be proud of at least trying. Not everyone can do everything, but everyone can do SOMETHING. If you're reading this, you can send emails. If you have a phone, you can make calls.

I imagine over 95% of Maryland gun owners did nothing to resist the continued unconstitutional attack on our rights. Not suggesting that applies to anyone on this board, just the population at large.

Last year we measured success by the number of bad bills we prevented. This year, the jury's still out. We'll see. No matter what happens, next year will likely be an even tougher fight.

We (conservative gun owners) are in a rowboat on the Niagara river, heading towards the falls (applies to MD as well as the entire country right now). If everybody in the boat grabbed an oar we might reverse our progress towards the falls at best, but at the very least we could slow it down. Just like the flow of the river, our opponents are working tirelessly for our demise. Let's not make it easy for them.

I bet it’s closer to 99% who do nothing. I am always surprised how many people don’t know the mga is in session or even care. Look how few people vote.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    And I also would like to thank those who help. From those who can only email to those who basically lobby and camp out in Annapolis.

If everyone who owns a gun sent an email this would be a lot easier

Thank you

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    Thanks.

If there's nothing after March and it doesn't say "passed" is it dead?

Sorry, 1302 does not say "passed enrolled" yet but when I read the April 10, 2018 update date at the top and "Passed House" I thought they had updated this bill as well. If you click on the bill number on the left it will take you to the General Assembly website with the bill status. That will also let you see the history by date and all of the documents, but it looks like the final 1302 and the vote record have not been uploaded yet. Hope that is more helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom