• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • United Gun Shop

Industry Partner
    Aug 16, 2013
    Rockville, MD

We are aware, like I said, we've been super slammed lately and picture taking hits the afterburner, however, I'm always happy to take pictures of guns per request. My hope is that in the next month or so as things start calming down we can go back to posting pictures for every gun.
    - Ben

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Received, and just for everyone to know, management has relayed to me that store policy is to HQL and 77R every handgun that comes through, even if they are C&R eligible.
    - Ben

Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'll not be coming by, then.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Received, and just for everyone to know, management has relayed to me that store policy is to HQL and 77R every handgun that comes through, even if they are C&R eligible.
    - Ben
    Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'll not be coming by, then.
    That's disappointing. I have an HQL, but not a fan of this policy. Is there an explanation as to why (e.g. pressure from MDSP) or purely an ownership decision?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

United Gun Shop

Industry Partner
    Aug 16, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    That's disappointing. I have an HQL, but not a fan of this policy. Is there an explanation as to why (e.g. pressure from MDSP) or purely an ownership decision?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Truthfully, and being fully honest with you guys, I really don't know. I believe its a combination of pressure from MDSP and ownership decisions operating a gun shop in such a restrictive state where little infractions or deviations can be destructive. At the end of the day in my eyes, its really a convenience issue, and yes it sucks that we have to wait 7 days, but at least we aren't bad as some other states...
    - Ben

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Truthfully, and being fully honest with you guys, I really don't know. I believe its a combination of pressure from MDSP and ownership decisions operating a gun shop in such a restrictive state where little infractions or deviations can be destructive. At the end of the day in my eyes, its really a convenience issue, and yes it sucks that we have to wait 7 days, but at least we aren't bad as some other states...
    - Ben

Its certainly unfortunate given the state allows an exemption for C&R guns. I don't mind the 77r and waiting period, there is a check box right in the system for these kinds of purchases. It seems unnecessary to require an HQL.

That said, I don't have to like it but I do have to respect the choices you need to make regarding your business. If you change the policy please let us know as it may be a deterrent to many legal and appropriate gun buyers. I do certainly respect that you are providing an answer in the open, transparency helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom