• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Th33gunner

Sep 24, 2021
    Just want to report my recent experiences on the DC letter. Live in Rockville neighborhood.

Drop in my signed and notorized DC form via the street postal mailbox on Sept 28; your bank will notorize the form for free BTW.

Received the approval letter today on October 25.

Letter was dated on October 19,

The letter envelope was stamped on October 22.

So if removing the weekends and delivery time both way, the actual review and approving time by MSP only take about two weeks of working days. I think gun owner have no reason not to have it, as it doesn't cost anything but give a lot flexibility. So pls go and get it as I highly suspect the lefties may change the status quote on the DC soon or later, such as enforcing a lump sum fee or expiration date on it.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Wow, it gives you permission from the Maryland State Police to buy more than one regulated firearm in a month, and puts you on on another liberal hit list. What's not to love.

Th33gunner

Sep 24, 2021
    Wow, it gives you permission from the Maryland State Police to buy more than one regulated firearm in a month, and puts you on on another liberal hit list. What's not to love.

The point is it's regulated so let others do what they want in their vicinity, as do I, by law and measure. But I certainly understand what "all men are equal, but some are more equal than others" mean.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    There's been dozens of "how long is it taking to get..." threads and posts here on MDS. There is also dozens of answers. Does it matter? Nothing you can do about and likely not going to keep anyone from applying. Apply and wait for the various time frames it takes like everyone else

Same applies to FFL 03 applications

Th33gunner

Sep 24, 2021
    Actually matters a little bit when anyone just moved in MD or just started to getting into firearms, like me happened to be both. But I agree I shoulda have just left a reply in those threads instead of creating a new one I guess.

rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    No reason in my mind not to have it. Just need the form notorized and make sure you check your a designator collector on forms moving forward when asked even if just purchasing one at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Keep in mind that now you only pay the $10 bribe to MSP for the background check on that sale. If you buy 5 handguns at the same time, it's still just one background check and one $10 fee...so prorate it out and really get your money's worth :gun3:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Keep in mind that now you only pay the $10 bribe to MSP for the background check on that sale. If you buy 5 handguns at the same time, it's still just one background check and one $10 fee...so prorate it out and really get your money's worth :gun3:

If you play your cards right eventually you get a free gun. Or so I'm telling myself

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    The DC letter is pretty handy alongside your FFL-03. For example, you can negotiate quantity deals on a handful of C&R pistols.

It's also useful if you want to buy a bunch of stripped AR-15 lowers.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Buy your first in State , and mail DC application next day , and you very likely will have DC before the otherwise 30 days are up . But two in one transaction , and you will absolutely have DC before the otherwise 60 days are up .

The all purpose answer is ( unless you have really strange history , that requires actual investigation ) is the DCL takes between. 5 and 30 days , depending upon how big the stack ahead of you , how busy the MSP LD , random luck , and the phase of the moon .

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Just want to report my recent experiences on the DC letter. Live in Rockville neighborhood.

Drop in my signed and notorized DC form via the street postal mailbox on Sept 28; your bank will notorize the form for free BTW.

So if removing the weekends and delivery time both way, the actual review and approving time by MSP only take about two weeks of working days. I think gun owner have no reason not to have it, as it doesn't cost anything but give a lot flexibility. So pls go and get it as I highly suspect the lefties may change the status quote on the DC soon or later, such as enforcing a lump sum fee or expiration date on it.
    Had my letter notarized at my bank for free.

I must of sat there for a good 30 minutes answering questions of curiosity:

Why collect? Why hunt deer? How many firearms!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Well, it's been mentioned ad nauseum in the past, now we can add another thread to the list

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom