• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Walter p22. When new it only cycled with stingers. After a few 100 rounds it was effectively single fire to constantly jamming in every possible way. Cleaned, tried every kind of grease, changed the recoil spring, different mags. One of my most disappointing gun purchases.

Oops, rifles.

I have a beater sears branded marlin 60 that I got at a yard sale for $20. It was in much worse shape than i thought, every part of it was damaged. I only keep it around to use as a basis of an 80% marlin.

Ptreece

Dec 27, 2020
    Parkville
    Savage model 125 is awful. I had to drift the front sight all the way to the left to were it will fall out just to get it somewhat accurate. The rear sight won't adjust for windage.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    I had an S&W Model 34 that required a small rubber mallet to extract the fired cartridges from the cylinder. Beautiful gun in nickel but Smith never could resolve the problem.

My Model 34 had very tight chambers. I polished them with JB bore compound on a brass brush. Now one finger extraction.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I've been on a run with crappy .22s lately. I think it's a 4 way tie. ATI M4-22, Mossberg 51, Chiappa Rak 22, BCA .22 upper.

JKM525

Feb 7, 2022
    Had the GSG Firefly and I both loved and hated it. It was so much fun to shoot, especially suppressed, but it was incredibly unreliable.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    "Bad" would be the wrong choice of words. But I have a Ruger 10/22 that is far and away more finicky with ammo than any other rimfire I've ever owned.

I have one that's finicky like that, too. Probably the only .22 that's even really given me trouble, honestly. I suppose I'm lucky (that or the fact I don't own any other semi-auto 22s :innocent0)

Sirex