• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattgella98

Dec 22, 2022
    Carroll County
    This is an old thread, but anyone apply recently? How quick was the turn around time? I applied about a week ago and wondering what the time line is now. Thanks in advance!

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    This is an old thread, but anyone apply recently? How quick was the turn around time? I applied about a week ago and wondering what the time line is now. Thanks in advance!
    We did ours in October. Took about 30 days.

TayNixster

Nov 1, 2022
    Queen Anne's County
    I sent in the form for a Designated Collector to the MSP about 2 weeks ago and received the approval letter in the mail the other day. I was not excepting the approval that fast. I had heard it takes 4 to 6 weeks. I just wanted to share that in case anyone else was thinking about submitting for one. There is no cost involved.
    Yeah i got mine within two weeks as well! I was shocked!

mattgella98

Dec 22, 2022
    Carroll County
    Wow, that is fast. I took possession of a Ruger LCP Max for when I want to go light on 12/16, but over the holidays I decided to purchase a Hellcat Pro as well. Gunshop said if I applied to be a designated collector, that may come back before the standard 30 days with an HQL. I went ahead and completed another 77R and I am expected it to come back as "Initial Review Disapproved" tomorrow. I guess we will see.

jmb122mp

Nov 2, 2016
    Put mine in the mail on December 3rd. Went out of town on December 29th for the New Year's and it was in my mail when I returned on January 2nd. Just under a month with the holidays included.

Uberdead

Jun 11, 2023
    Maryland
    Shop had a great price on Apx A1 tactical so i put that into works. They also had copy of form for me. I got that notarized and mailed out on 6/28. No word back yet.

Uberdead

Jun 11, 2023
    Maryland
    Shop had a great price on Apx A1 tactical so i put that into works. They also had copy of form for me. I got that notarized and mailed out on 6/28. No word back yet.
    Update- received Designated collector's status letter today. It was dated the 8th of this month. Love bureaucracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom