• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fedora

Dec 16, 2018
    Not to derail Bruen, but isn't there an active case turning on the right of administrative bodies to themselves write governing "rules and regulations that have the force and effect of laws"?

Anybody know what that case is?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Not to derail Bruen, but isn't there an active case turning on the right of administrative bodies to themselves write governing "rules and regulations that have the force and effect of laws"?

Anybody know what that case is?
    There have been several cases that might fit that description, can you be more specific?

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    cfa9fdfaf4a614d91836f62f03f4e791.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If this goes our way, the May Issue States are going to get bombarded with applications. Specifically States like Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii and California.

I'm still 4 weeks away from my MA LTC Class, so I may be behind the curve if SCOTUS rules soon. Residents and Non Residents are going to flood Massachusetts for LTC's.

Trainers are gonna get overwhelmed.

I'm a big fan of Atlantic Tactical Firearms Trainers and Spartan Firearms Training Group, but if any NRA/State Trainers need a classroom to teach a MD Class, DC Class, CT Class, MA Class and so on, just message me to discuss.

If I can help people get their permits sooner by using my classroom, I will.

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    If this goes our way, the May Issue States are going to get bombarded with applications. Specifically States like Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii and California.

I'm still 4 weeks away from my MA LTC Class, so I may be behind the curve if SCOTUS rules soon. Residents and Non Residents are going to flood Massachusetts for LTC's.

Trainers are gonna get overwhelmed.

I'm a big fan of Atlantic Tactical Firearms Trainers and Spartan Firearms Training Group, but if any NRA/State Trainers need a classroom to teach a MD Class, DC Class, CT Class, MA Class and so on, just message me to discuss.

If I can help people get their permits sooner by using my classroom, I will.
    G-d bless you sir!

Wishing you, and your family, a joyous, and meaningful Easter holiday.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    ... If I can help people get their permits sooner by using my classroom, I will.
    Can hardly imagine a more pleasant environment for that - though I'd just get distracted looking at all the tools.

I think you're right about the normal training options getting swamped if this comes to pass as we hope.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    By the time the SCOTUS decision comes down...and assuming it's a decision in our (and the Constitution's) favor...and the system gets implemented in MD (kicking and screaming all the way)...I'll be relocated to AZ where the gun laws are much more sensible. I don't want to get ahead of any decision and it's not a lock until it happens...but I wish everyone in MD the best dealing with what is hopefully a positive decision.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Can hardly imagine a more pleasant environment for that - though I'd just get distracted looking at all the tools.

I think you're right about the normal training options getting swamped if this comes to pass as we hope.
    Thanks Occam.

I didn't even think of the tool and gun distractions. Shows you how out of touch I am when I'm not teaching my own class.

If trainers take me up in the offer, I should probably cover up the AR stuff with canvas tarps once class begins.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I know you like to be positive, and I appreciate that, however in this case, the Senate always kills it. It is an annual tradition for them. Not unlike some annual traditions in MD.

I'm long past trying to be positive about certain things like this, I'm stuck in reality.

I wonder if the may issue states try to delay the inevitable by forcing another lawsuit to force them specifically to issue permits.

Here’s what some don’t understand that I think you do. Under normal circumstances when SCOTUS issues an opinion, many states will voluntarily change their laws. However, if a state refuses to do so a lawsuit has to be filed and then a federal court will usually force the state to do so.

Since this is a gun law case, lawsuits will have to be filed.

Thankfully though, some lawsuits have already been filed and are “hold” pending the NYSPRA case. There are 2-3 cases for California, Young v Hawaii for Hawaii, a couple of cases for NJ, and a couple for Maryland. As well as a couple of others for NYC. However I am not aware of any pending cases for any of the other states, DE, RI, MA that will overturn their May-issue laws. In those states someone may have to initiate if they don’t do so voluntarily.

The other thing to remember as well, is that these states won’t immediately change their policies when the SCOTUS opinion is released. For those states with lawsuits pending, it will take anywhere from 30-90 days for those suits to finalize. Maybe even longer.

For those states that don’t have lawsuits pending, and will resist, it could take 6 months to a year for them to change.

The problem is, unlike finding a law unconstitional where it makes A prosecutor unable to file charges on someone. This isn’t that type of case. A state can still refuse to issue a permit until forced too by federal court.

In the case of Maryland. The W&C permit application is online. It will NoT let you submit the application until you enter the reason you need a permit. At this time, “Self Defense” is not a valid reason. So until a federal court forces Maryland to be A shall issue state, and forces them to change that question in the application. You won’t be issued a W&C permit.

Therefore there WONT be a rush of Maryland application until which time Maryland changes or deletes that question on the online application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom