• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I hope you are correct… very interesting listen. Seemed obvious who had those mind made up and who was actually considering law/history etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I don't know where you've been but this is the entire case before the court, its not one of the "other aspects", its the aspect to be decided.

Exactly, look at the Heller opinion. More was said then just what the case was about. The opinion went on to say other things. The opinion in this case will do so as well.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    SCOTUS NEWS

On Monday at 10 a.m. EST, the court is expected to issue one or more opinions in argued cases from the 2021-22 term.

Thomas has a reputation for quick opinions. Heck he peobably already had it written he just needed to pull it from the shared drive and do minor edits.

I am booking my CCW training now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thomas has a reputation for quick opinions. Heck he peobably already had it written he just needed to pull it from the shared drive and do minor edits.

Could the decision really be out that soon?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    According to the SCOTUS stat pack, Thomas has the shortest time between argument and opinion, 78 days. The shortest time last year was 18 days.

Maybe the opinion on monday will be the shortest ever.

Shall not be infringed. How was that not clear?

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Could also be the abortion case

One case is obviously the Abortion case. Look how fast that case went straight to SCOTUS as was heard in argument.

If there is only one opinion release it will probably be that one.

I highly doubt that our case will have an opinion released this soon. Especially ahead of the abortion case since they rushed that case.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    The opinion writes itself.

Its not hard.

Based on this thread we know long gun open carry is the real right and they will affirm the lower court.

Long gun open carry shall not be infringed mfers.

-Thomas
    I am Kyle Rittenhouse's defense attorney and I approved this message.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I was surprised to see any opinion at all this early.

Not sure about the abortion cases. They may wait for Dobbs. There are a few other Oct cases it could be.

The longest time last year 225 days - that would take us to June 16th, 2022. Based on the stat pack i'd say we see an opinion Feb or march (100 days avg) .

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

That notice is normal and published several times a month.
    We won't see this case until the last week of June.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I wonder just how much of a massive headache this case has given herr baron and his minions at the msp lic div? as we all know the minions at MSP Lic Div will not jump or even blow their nose unless herr baron says so... because they are afraid to uphold their oath they took to honor the US Constitution which includes 2A plus the people at the MGA as well because they have their own vendetta against it..

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I wonder just how much of a massive headache this case has given herr baron and his minions at the msp lic div? as we all know the minions at MSP Lic Div will not jump or even blow their nose unless herr baron says so... because they are afraid to uphold their oath they took to honor the US Constitution which includes 2A plus the people at the MGA as well because they have their own vendetta against it..

Oh I'm sure he's probably thinking about some way they can make the permit process more onerous than it is now, even putting G & S aside.
    The MSP might welcome the decision as there really wouldn't be a need for interviews and the permit review board would likely also not be needed. All they would need is some desk clerks to simply process applications and mail out permits.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    The state of Maryland needs to, if NYSRPA wins relegate the issuing authority down to the sheriff's office. Won't happen but that is what they should do.

Nobody

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    He's walking away before his world crumbles to the ground.

The question is, who will try to pick up the torch and run with it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom