• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have a small job I need to schedule that will be a quick turn around.
    I have a new design for something and once we settle it, I need a number of boards built up quickly. If you have experience in hand assembling surface mount boards, let me know and I can email you details.

We would pay you on a 1099 for the small job if you are an individual.

I do have companies I use for bulk assembly but this is an expedite job that they are too booked for right now it seems. I have people here that can do the work (including me) but we are busy with other stuff too.

I expect the work would start in about 2 weeks from now and I'd need stuff in a week or less.

PM me.

Oh, and if you got the skills but don't have a surface mount work station at home, just let me know, I can work that out. You could even come in and use what we have.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Hmmm, I haven't done surface mount work since I built a crystal radio for one of my rag wing airplanes. :lol:

Isn't that stuff done by robots now?

Higher volume longer lead time stuff, yes, they use pick and place machines and a solder paste mask etc. They go into an oven for the surface mount stuff or wave solder for thru hole. I"m not as up on what our vendor uses as my main EE who does the actual designs. This is quick turn emergency stuff so needs to be done by hand.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Higher volume longer lead time stuff, yes, they use pick and place machines and a solder paste mask etc. They go into an oven for the surface mount stuff or wave solder for thru hole. I"m not as up on what our vendor uses as my main EE who does the actual designs. This is quick turn emergency stuff so needs to be done by hand.

You can always get a desktop version like sparkfun did.

https://www.sparkfun.com/news/2586

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Nope no fancy wave machine. I have assembled 3 proto-types for my customers. This all I have to use.

Attachments

• home-desk3.jpg
      home-desk3.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom