• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Beware the man with only one gun...

Might be some truth to that , not to be a party pooper but I have been on a couple forums over the years and these how many guns do you own are a fun diversion .

Never can take any of it as a serious question , kinda like asking how much money you have in the bank .

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My S&W K22 hasn't seen the sun in several years. I try to rotate through them and at least knock the dust off of them once a year. It hasn't happened so far 2018, I'm maybe at 30%. I keep saying I'm going to sell a few but can't bare to part with any. I need that because...

I have 6, 9mm pistols and I only shoot 2 frequently.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I sold one .22LR rifle many years ago , I received it as a Christmas gift from my Dad at 15 years old . I would pay hundreds to get that gun back , and sorry I sold it in my 20's . I swore I would never sell another gun , it is the one that got away .

The gun was not a expensive gun but priceless to me at this point .

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    My S&W K22 hasn't seen the sun in several years. I try to rotate through them and at least knock the dust off of them once a year. It hasn't happened so far 2018, I'm maybe at 30%. I keep saying I'm going to sell a few but can't bare to part with any. I need that because...

I have 6, 9mm pistols and I only shoot 2 frequently.

I went out Sunday morning and took along 3 9mm pistols.

and left a 30 cal ammo can full of 9mm ammo sitting on my front step!

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I went out Sunday morning and took along 3 9mm pistols.

and left a 30 cal ammo can full of 9mm ammo sitting on my front step!

I did the same thing but with my mags. I drove an hour to the range and couldn't shoot anything but my bolt gun, I wasn't there very long.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’ve finally gotten a large enough collection it just isn’t reasonable without really trying. I am up to 16 firearms and a spare upper. Well 15 if you don’t want to include my muzzleloader for hunting. I’ve been finding that unless I plan to go to the range for a few hours taking more than 2 is just a bad idea. Of course lately I’ve been taking several and need to figure out sight pictures, or why one isn’t running reliably, re-zero, etc which always takes longer than planned. So far since the start of the year I think the only ones I haven’t shot have been my ML, .410 shotgun and the SKS I just got less than a week ago.

So I’ll probably make it.

Oh wait, nope. My AR pistol was actually Christmas Eve. So I can’t count that. Though I’ve been toying with selling the upper on it and stripping the lower back down to use to house my spare upper. I built it when I didn’t have any other handguns and now I do. It isn’t worthless, but I just don’t enjoy shooting it nearly as much as my other ARs. Maybe someday I’ll change that and build a .300BO upper once I get a silencer and then maybe it’ll be a hoot. But for now that one is more of a “I feel like it has been too long and I need to shoot it” not “I want to shoot it”.

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    I shoot everything that I own more than once a year and knowing who I shoot with, I end up shooting WAY more that I will ever own. My collection is growing at a pretty rapid rate too.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I shoot everything that I own more than once a year and knowing who I shoot with, I end up shooting WAY more that I will ever own. My collection is growing at a pretty rapid rate too.

This time last year I had a rifle in 22lr, a couple in .223, one in .308 and shotguns in 12, 20 and .410. Also a .50 in-line muzzleloader.

In the last year I have bought, built or been gifted something in .30 carbine, .30-06, 6.5 grendel, 8mm mauser, 9mm, 7.62x25, 7.62x39 and .32 acp.

I’ve come to realize I am spending nearly as much on ammo (because I am an ammo hoarder) as I have on the guns themselves.

If I am buying any new guns for awhile it needs to be in one of the calibers I now own.

It won’t stop me from getting a gun in a caliber I don’t own eventually, but a lot easier to justify spending $300 or $400 or $500 or whatever on a gun than remembering I am just going to have to go out and spend $200+ on ammo right away because I don’t have anything in that caliber. And preferably it either takes mags I already own or else it is internal mag (to avoid possibly spending $100 or $200 on magazines also).

Which is why my wants list are things like the Ruger American in 6.5 grendel and .223 to reuse my mags in those calibers (and good reputation plus inexpensive). Ruger PCC is on there. Another Garand (or a 1903A3). Finally building one of my AR-10 receivers (building in .308).

If I get a “next” caliber it is likely to be either .38/.357 or .45acp. I don’t think I am likely to get s new rifle caliber for a long time. I think. Maybe.

My friggen Neighbor will probably manage to talk me in to something (he’s the bad influence).

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Considering I’ve been to the range only once this year for a public shoot and haven’t renewed my range badge yet, this scenario is unlikely to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I had to think about this one. I think I've shot 11 of my 25 handguns, 5 of my 10 ARs, my M1a, none of my 8 bolt guns, one of my four shotguns, and none of my three cowboy rifles. My new 10/22 has been shot. I still haven't shot my Mossberg Shockwave, that's the only new firearm I own that hasn't even been used. Dang, I just realized I have almost 50 firearms here. I'd have to shoot one a week to get to that goal, not counting any new purchases later this year.

Last edited:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    It would probably take a little effort on my behalf. I generally focus on something that's interesting to me at a specific time and then move on to the next thing. I have used the same hunting rifles and shotguns extensively for quite a number of years but they are relatively boring to me now just out of familiarity.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Still manageable for me at this point. Shotguns get a workout at the Trap range regular enough...the ARs and handguns get there share at the indoor range. What I need to do is get out to a longer range and ring some steel---

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    All the shotguns get a work out as a group when the gang comes over for un-organised clays. All the rimfire stuff gets rotated for use behind the barn for stress release therapy after a crappy day at work. I think it's hardest to get all the centerfires out at least once a year.

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    My friggen Neighbor will probably manage to talk me in to something (he’s the bad influence).

Our pastor is my 'bad influence'. A young guy straight from the mountains of North Carolina. He's got me hooked on turkey hunting and his family and friends down there take gun trading to Olympic levels.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Our pastor is my 'bad influence'. A young guy straight from the mountains of North Carolina. He's got me hooked on turkey hunting and his family and friends down there take gun trading to Olympic levels.

My neighbor takes it as a personal challenge. I think I’ve bought 5 guns in about 3 months and I told him “okay, that’s it. I need to take a break for awhile”.

His response is, “sure, sure. I’ve got a nice 5.45 Saiga that is MD legal...or did you see that Classic has PPsH on sale. Have you considered a Buckmark or a Mark IV? You really need a 22lr pistol”.

I am doing my darndest to not buy another gun till Black Friday, if not the new year (I am hoping to find a Ruger American in .223 for BF as I really want a bolt gun in .223). The only time I might concede weakness is if I get to the Gettysburg gun show in Septemeber. If the right C&R happens to float it’s way to the surface...

Well or if my wife concedes on letting me get a youth 22 specifically for the kids. Though I’ll probably look for a BF deal there too.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I could probably do this, but it would require a pretty concerted effort to make it happen. Just gotta bring 3-4 guns per range trip and get out relatively frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom