Krinkov M85 5.56/223 AK Rifle and pistol MD legal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It likely is given their previous decisions (though not official legal guidance) trying to find an FFL to transfer could be interesting.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I do not see the pistol on the roster. Atlantic is an IP here, i would call or PM. That is your best bet. Maybe its there, I just cannot find it. I actually do see "Nodak Spud" NDS2 on the roster, the receiver maker this is built on, and it says caliber 545. Transfer the receiver, build the rest??? Unclear if this pistol is that thing on the roster.

As for a 223 AK style rifle... the answer is a definite maybe. Some are some are not depends how AK they really are. If this takes AR mags its not a real AK. I do see "Nodak model NDS-601" so there is hope. Also : Zastava M90NP not banned. If this takes AR mags id say like the M90NP, not banned.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I do not see the pistol on the roster. Atlantic is an IP here, i would call or PM. That is your best bet. Maybe its there, I just cannot find it. I actually do see "Nodak Spud" NDS2 on the roster, the receiver maker this is built on, and it says caliber 545. Transfer the receiver, build the rest???

As for a 223 AK style rifle... the answer is a definite maybe. Some are some are not depends how AK they really are. If this takes AR mags its not a real AK. I do see "Nodak model NDS-601" so there is hope. Also : Zastava M90NP not banned. If this takes AR mags id say like the M90NP, not banned.

SLR106 takes AK mags and isn't banned.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016

Give Atlantic a call before you order and make sure your FFL is on board. Based off of MSP’s rullings AK’s chambered in calibers other than 7.62x39 seem to be good to go. Multiple AK74’s reviewed, multiple 5.56 AK’s reviewed and deemed legal. The M90NP takes standard AR mags but the ones you linked do not. If I recall correctly standard 5.56 ak mags are difficult to come by. At least decent mags are.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Please keep us up to date on the feedback you are getting. Im thinking I need one of these in rifle. Hate the faux front end but its a clean easy SBR if I ever want to plus I have always wanted an underfolder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom