• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    I've got a few AKs. I've got a hankering for another. Are ANY legal to be purchased in MD now?

Ideally I want a 5.45 Krinkov....but I'm curious what (if anything) is available in MD?

Thanks in advance
    Rome

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I hate to be That Guy that tells people to Search . But this is one of the all time top three perienal dead horse thread topics.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    There are probably over 100 threads on this topic,SEARCH is your friend :D

I hate to be That Guy that tells people to Search . But this is one of the all time top three perienal dead horse thread topics.

Search "legal AK": https://www.mdshooters.com/search.php?searchid=28508947 see how helpful that was? :rolleyes:

I think it's widely accepted that forum search features are hit or miss at best, as illustrated with the link i posted

Thank you.

Ak pistol then SBRe intenti it!

It'd still need to meet minimum OAL requirements though, correct?

My bad. Glad y'all had the time to read those threads though, one less ak in md then.

Thank you. With how confusing some of the statutes are, and how SBRs are both pistols and rifles, apparently, by definition, you'd think some people would be a little understanding and offer assistance.

I guess I'll simplify my question....

Is a 5.45 Krinkov still legal to purchase in MD?

I'm aware of the side folding stock, flash hider, grenade launcher features. It's confusing to me because according to the MD State police website, some arsenal AK's are good to go, apparently. However, some Saiga's are not. What's the difference that I'm missing?

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Zastava M90NP in 5.56

I believe there was a 5.45 rifle recently deemed legal but I can't remember the model, its made by Arsenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Krinkovs are SBRs, therefore they fall under Fed law and are still legal if you are willing to do the tax stamp dance and expense.

There are some AK-like firearms that are legal, if you check the MDSP link posted above by VGplayer

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Krinkovs are SBRs, therefore they fall under Fed law and are still legal if you are willing to do the tax stamp dance and expense.

There are some AK-like firearms that are legal, if you check the MDSP link posted above by VGplayer

thanks ...that's what I had gleaned from my research as well. I can get a krink as long as it meets maryland OAL requirements

That's ideal, actually as I'm looking at a rifle dynamics version of the krink, which has the longer krink barrel

I havent found conclusive info on if it needs to abide by the "evil feautures" (folding stock, flash hider, etc) if it's an SBR?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    thanks ...that's what I had gleaned from my research as well. I can get a krink as long as it meets maryland OAL requirements

That's ideal, actually as I'm looking at a rifle dynamics version of the krink, which has the longer krink barrel

I havent found conclusive info on if it needs to abide by the "evil feautures" (folding stock, flash hider, etc) if it's an SBR?

No, evil features is a MD law not a Fed one. However to your point you still need to meet OAL requirements or you will not get your tax stamp approved.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Sure wish they would drop those dumb ass sanctions against Russia so we can get more Veprs and Saiga sporters....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom