• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    There are pro-gun democrats. Do they not talk to each other? I'd think that's be the folks that could help with some education...

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I've been a registered Dem for years even thou I consider myself an Independent. It gives me some satisfaction being able to vote against them twice every election. If enough voters were to do this we might be able to eventually make a difference although in MD I think it's a long shot.

That is evil genius. FWIW a vote as a Republican really doesn't matter in this state anyways.

I've been a registered Democrat since I was 18 for exactly this reason, plus being able to freak out people that assume I'd be a Republican. The only place it really matters how you're registered is in the primary, and there's rarely more than one Republican running for any state or local office, and the primary's held so late that the presidential nomination is almost always decided. But just occasionally, there's a hot Democrat primary contest, and I like to vote for the Dem I figure has the worst chance in the general election. Although I did vote for Hilary, and I still think she'd have made a better president than what we've got. Didn't vote for her in the general election, of course.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Happy to see this thread. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's changing over to being a registered Democrat (from unaffiliated).

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Happy to see this thread. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's changing over to being a registered Democrat (from unaffiliated).

There are some of here who actually are doing it because of what they believe. :innocent0

I could never buy into the whole moral majority part. But there's also the ****ing loony left.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    There are some of here who actually are doing it because of what they believe. :innocent0

I could never buy into the whole moral majority part. But there's also the ****ing loony left.

The Mrs and I have never been Republicans and never will be. Too bad we haven't seen a Democratic presidential candidate worth voting for during our four+ decade lifetimes.

Last edited:

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    If it helps, try thinking about becoming a "Blue Dog" Democrat - the "sounds great, how are we gonna pay for it" wing of the party. I was represented by a Blue Dog for years growing up in TN, and honestly, his positions made more sense than the Republican challenger's a lot of the time.

Blue Dogs are generally fiscally conservative classical liberals - in favor of human and civil rights (including 2A), skeptical of handouts (but pragmatically acknowledging that some form of safety net probably ought to exist), and tending towards social moderation by recognizing both the virtues of the traditional family and social structures but also the fact that we don't live in a perfect world and sometimes other people's decisions make more of an impact on your situation than your own do (such as the single mom whose husband left her and the baby for the office secretary).

I'm registered unaffiliated, and I've been sorely tempted to change registration to Democrat just to support the Blue Dogs, even though it's almost more of a wasted vote than voting R a lot of times.

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    The thought of registering as a Democrat makes me feel icky. I guess it would be more effective than being the registered Libertarian that I am though.

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I had thought about changing to but I don't think I can do it. I would feel dirty inside and out. The kind of dirt you can't wash off that leaves you crying naked in the bathtub.

XRider

Aug 9, 2010
    Surfside Beach SC
    I have been registered as unaffiliated for a long time as I really feel neither party reflects my views. I have been thinking about and finally also recently registered as d (lower case intentional) for the reasons mentioed by the OP.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    With all these folks going to the dark side, Owemalley just might say, "hey look, since I introduced the new gun legislation, x many people have switched to democrat. That proves they love and agree with what I am proposing."

Just saying.....

pfrazier

Nov 10, 2010
    Columbia
    I have always been a conservative Democrat, The party has been hijacked by crazy wingnuts. I have been considering switching parties because they no longer believe what I do. I guess I would be considered a moderate Republican now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom