• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    So I got to hold a piece of history Wednesday night. A buddy of mine just purchased M1911 with the serial number 41. It is a little worse for wear for apparently being in the bottom of a closet for the past 80-90 years. The blued trigger, safety, slide stop, and hammer really make it stand out.

I told him that he needs to loan this pistol to a museum or other exhibit. But the 15 minutes I got to hold that piece of history shall not be forgotten anytime soon.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    That's really, really cool. According to records, it would of have been manufactured between April 16, 1912 to May 31, 1912, so it's almost 100 years old. Here's the info on production dates: http://www.sightm1911.com/1911Production.htm

Do you have any pics of the pistol? I have my great grandfathers Colt M1911 that he carried in WW1. The serial number is low - 35XXX and manufactured in 1913, but nowhere near what you found.

Here's a picture of mine:

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    That's really, really cool. According to records, it would of have been manufactured between April 16, 1912 to May 31, 1912, so it's almost 100 years old. Here's the info on production dates: http://www.sightm1911.com/1911Production.htm

Do you have any pics of the pistol? I have my great grandfathers Colt M1911 that he carried in WW1. The serial number is low - 35XXX and manufactured in 1913, but nowhere near what you found.

Here's a picture of mine:

holy - what a slice of history.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    holy crap!! a double digit serial number gun!!!!
    you have to wounder who's hands that gun passed thru... such history

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Very cool. I'd love to find something like that. Still holding out for a nice 1943 Colt 1911a1.

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    holy crap!! a double digit serial number gun!!!!
    you have to wounder who's hands that gun passed thru... such history

One of the reasons I love C&R firearms. I wonder where these firearms have been before I acquired them. I also wonder where they'll go after I'm gone. Your buddy is very lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom