• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    This is why i wont ever give a dime to local gun "activist" groups which are really just handouts to shitty rural lawyers who couldnt win a case to save their lives.

Really making me regret defending your position. I cannot speak for all local 2A groups, but MSI has been irreplaceable and successful in a hostile state. Step back from the keyboard for a while and ignore the shit stirrers. Some people just like being grumpy and knowing they've ruined someone else's day. I prefer to move along and drink away my problems like an adult. Give it a try and be well.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    this is my last post on this forum. But real activism works. Showing up and talking to democrats who hate your existence on a pre planned date isnt activism. Its an assumption its 1987 and we still have some semblance of a real country left.

I suggest you read rules for radicals. And maybe some history books on how the gay rights movement succeeded. They didnt ask nicely. They demanded what they wanted relentlessly until they got it and ignored any semblance of decorum , politeness , and fairness. They goal was to win not to play fair.

Showing up with 30 people while they are eating dinner with their family members in a public resturaunt and asking why they pass bills that get people killed IN FRONT OF THEIR KIDS is effective activism.

driving by a democrat reps house and putting a sign in the street with whatever (non threatening) choice of words you have for the person , every day , for weeks straight , until police are called on you , and you get another person to switch off with you.... Is effective activism.

Disrupting every and any political event they have including positive ones. Is effective activism.

Calling said representatives homes in the middle of the night. Using burner phones. For weeks on end. Is effective activism.

You are dealing with human beings with real fears , real anxieties , and real desires to live normal lives.

You disrupt these things and you win. Thats real activism and thats why democrats beat the shit out of republicans in state politics without exception.

So what you're saying is that if Democrats did all of that to you, you would suddenly cave, agree with them, and start supporting what they stand for?

No? Of course not. Why? Because that kind of BS just makes people even more galvanized against you. It doesn't make people suddenly flip their world view upside down. You're recommending harassment bordering on terroristic threads as if that would win hearts and minds amid a Democrat super-majority, and scolding people here for an approach that recognizes that reality.

Really making me regret defending your position. I cannot speak for all local 2A groups, but MSI has been irreplaceable and successful in a hostile state. Step back from the keyboard for a while and ignore the shit stirrers. Some people just like being grumpy and knowing they've ruined someone else's day. I prefer to move along and drink away my problems like an adult. Give it a try and be well.

This.
    I believe Concerned User is on our side, but is really fired up right now and acting like many of us did in 2013- speaking/typing before thinking of whats coming out of his mouth/keyboard.
    I remember being very unpopular for openly stating I was not renewing my NRA membership after 2013 because they didn't do much to fight FSA2013.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    VCDL has had a rally day since.. 2002?

Why would this one be violent? I'm guessing it wont be VCDL or supporters. Just looking at history.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    you
    do
    NOT
    deserve
    rights
    you
    wont
    sit
    in
    a
    police
    car
    for
    to
    defend

You people are really adorable. You will talk about civil war like its nothing. Stockpile ammo and shit. But the second your 401k , your jerb , your family could be threatened by engaging in real activism and maybe having a visit to the police station you turn into pussies.

This is why i wont ever give a dime to local gun "activist" groups which are really just handouts to shitty rural lawyers who couldnt win a case to save their lives.

jesus

nevermind

LOL, you cannot simply say "nevermind" to a post like that!

alright this thread was a mistake. You goofy baby boomers are on your own. Your behavior is why you keep losing these easy to win fights and pushing away people who want to help.

We loose do to a super democratic Majority and gerrymandering that keeps it that way, you watch that's coming next. VA's only hope is a quick turn around in the next election so they can repeal the laws that will be passed this year, good luck and hope you all win as many battles as you can.

I don't know how many times on this forum I have typed out replies only to realized it better to delete and not hit submit reply.

Am I the only one who does that?

Nope I do it all the time.

Livingthedream

Feb 20, 2017
    I do agree more should be done to paint the 2A community in a better light. Advocating borderline extremism does not help any cause. If they are trying to portray gun owners as dangerous now then I can’t imagine how a bunch of people showing up at their family gatherings will help.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    This.
    I believe Concerned User is on our side, but is really fired up right now and acting like many of us did in 2013- speaking/typing before thinking of whats coming out of his mouth/keyboard.
    I remember being very unpopular for openly stating I was not renewing my NRA membership after 2013 because they didn't do much to fight FSA2013.

This. We need to welcome passionate millennials and zoomers into the fold, not shun them. These kids are the folks who are blowing AR/AK sales into uncharted territory and the most passionate among them are the sorts of folks who will go on to found the next MSIs or Patriot Pickets.

The boomers here may bristle as some of their takes, but new ideas always take some getting used to, and if you're not making people uncomfortable, you're not really bringing new perspectives to the table. The answer is always inherently somewhere between the old generation's ideological status quo and the next generation's enthusiastic fringe takes, and the only way we get anywhere is by giving equal space to both perspectives.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    This. We need to welcome passionate millennials and zoomers into the fold, not shun them. These kids are the folks who are blowing AR/AK sales into uncharted territory and the most passionate among them are the sorts of folks who will go on to found the next MSIs or Patriot Pickets.

The boomers here may bristle as some of their takes, but new ideas always take some getting used to, and if you're not making people uncomfortable, you're not really bringing new perspectives to the table. The answer is always inherently somewhere between the old generation's ideological status quo and the next generation's enthusiastic fringe takes, and the only way we get anywhere is by giving equal space to both perspectives.

Oh BS, he’s a fear mongering propagandist troll who you are basically aiding and abetting! See his BS post about the victorious injunction? guarantee someone is spreading that crap as gospel right now...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We loose do to a super democratic Majority and gerrymandering that keeps it that way, you watch that's coming next.

You missed his point. You have to call them in the middle of the night, show up at their kids events etc. You need to do stuff that will get you arrested or red flagged, or you aren’t doing enough!!!! You can EASILY win with those tactics. It will convince them you might kill them and they’ll let you keep your guns.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Amazing how it is predictable this time of the year the people that come out of the woodwork around here.

It's like clockwork.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    You missed his point. You have to call them in the middle of the night, show up at their kids events etc. You need to do stuff that will get you arrested or red flagged, or you aren’t doing enough!!!! You can EASILY win with those tactics. It will convince them you might kill them and they’ll let you keep your guns.

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with that approach? :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom