• MACA 2020.jpg
      MACA 2020.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 335

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Someone fill me in on this. I've never been. Is it all pre-1900 stuff? Or is there a chance to find early 1900s gear there like some of the early semi rifles and the like?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Someone fill me in on this. I've never been. Is it all pre-1900 stuff? Or is there a chance to find early 1900s gear there like some of the early semi rifles and the like?

There are lots of rifles from WWI and WWII era, as well as earlier stuff. Uniforms, swords, cannons, shipboard artillery, 18th century dueling pistols, boarding axes and cutlasses, bayonets, armor, miniature firearms. There's rare stuff that you'd be lucky to see in a museum, as well as affordable much more modern stuff.

The only things you won't see are post-1898 handguns, and items banned for sale in MD.

You should go. You're not likely to see this kind of gun show anywhere else.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Also lots of private sellers and various collectors there. The licensed dealers there tend to be focused on various collectibles rather than being a usual gun store.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have been thinking of adding a sword to my collection. Just not sure what and how much is a reasonable amount.
    I have no clue what the reasonable prices ranges are for a Civil War era sword.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Cool, I'm going to do my best to make it then. I've caught a Remington Model 8 bug and I just don't think it'll go away until I have one. Not really a fan of GB or other auctions, so this might be the best way for me to buy.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    A never miss venue. Bring a good pair of comfy walking shoes 'cause it'll take hours to make just one pass of this one! Sadly I've given up on MD gun shows with this one being the sole exception. Rarely walk away empty handed!

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    all you will need is lots of money. There are usually swords from the dark ages and pretty much every European war since up to WW2. If you pay attention you might notice some folks speaking Japanese looking to buy back family swords...
    Basically it is a huge museum with price tags.
    For me the cool stuff is all the British Double Rifles many cased with accessories, your choice Purdey, Holland, Wodward, even Rigby if you are willing to go in on a provincial maker from Birmingham (that's a joke by the way - all top shelf and thousands of dollars).

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The guy with a table full of Manton dueling pistols always amazes me. Needless to say, they're not for sale.

Needless to say, if they were for sale, I couldn't afford them.

That's why I like this show. You'll never ever see some of these things anywhere else.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    For me this will be an educational trip. I am dabbling in Nihonto a complete amateur by any definition but I would like one good example.

SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    I put in my application for a table this year months ago, for a display table.

I absolutely love this show. Something specific for collectors.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I really want to go. I don't have anything specific in mind but it seems like it would be fun to look. Of course ill find something i like but can't afford, or pay way more for something than i should.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    If you like older firearms this is the one show you can't miss. Fantastic firearms everywhere in the show to look at and learn something about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom