• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This tells me all I need to know about him:
    The nominee now serves as the state’s chief of civil litigation. He is the state lawyer who successfully defended the Maryland’s gun safety law against court challenges after it was enacted in 2013.

Former Attorney General Doug Gansler, a Democrat, praised the Republican governor’s choice in a tweet.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hogan flipping parties and running as a Democrat in 2018?

Early signal to Annapolis that he won't oppose new gun restrictions this legislative session? Or is this all part of the balancing act to pretend to be a non partisan, so he can do something (soon) for 2A rights? I guess we'll know where he stands before November next year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We actually have no idea of what Fader's personal politics are, only that he is a competent attorney and a good at following orders. As a judge, he will no longer be following orders from the AG.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    We actually have no idea of what Fader's personal politics are, only that he is a competent attorney and a good at following orders. As a judge, he will no longer be following orders from the AG.

Fair point indeed.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

OK. I'll cede the point, but do you really think that someone we would want on the bench would have worked in Gansler's and Frosh's office?

https://mdappblog.com/2017/10/06/assistant-ag-matthew-fader-appointed-to-court-of-special-appeals/

Mr. Fader served as a Trial Attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice from 1999-2002.

This was under Janet Reno and Eric Holder (Acting). John Ashcroft came in in 2001 and Fader was out in 2002.

Hm.

Second term, I just can't wait...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I guess the only way to find out, is to ask him. I have sent him an email asking him a few questions. If I get an answer, I will post it ASAP.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    From 2012: Assistant Attorney General Matthew Fader

BALTIMORE – Maryland residents do not have to provide a "good and substantial reason" to legally own a handgun, a federal judge ruled Monday, striking down as unconstitutional the state's requirements for getting a permit.

But state Assistant Attorney General Matthew Fader vowed to appeal the ruling.

“We disagree with this ruling," Fader said in a written statement that noted the "very important implications of the ruling for public safety."

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...maryland-gun-permit-law-unconstitutional.html

Good job Hogan.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    OK. I'll cede the point, but do you really think that someone we would want on the bench would have worked in Gansler's and Frosh's office?

https://mdappblog.com/2017/10/06/assistant-ag-matthew-fader-appointed-to-court-of-special-appeals/

This was under Janet Reno and Eric Holder (Acting). John Ashcroft came in in 2001 and Fader was out in 2002.

Hm.

Second term, I just can't wait...

I am personal friends with one of the assistant AG's ... yes, definitely, I would whole heartedly want someone who had served under Gansler & Frosh. But I'm pretty certain neither party would want my friend on the bench.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    From 2012: Assistant Attorney General Matthew Fader

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...maryland-gun-permit-law-unconstitutional.html

Good job Hogan.

Eh. Like was stated earlier in the thread.......yeah, he defended the law......but if he told his boss "no", he'd have been on his ass looking for a job. If it is his boss's standing that they disagree with a ruling, you think he's gonna buck the system?

Could he be an anti? Certainly. Could he just be a lawyer handling his boss's case? Yup. Do you have any idea how many assistant State's Attorneys move on to the dark side (defense attorney)?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Eh. Like was stated earlier in the thread.......yeah, he defended the law......but if he told his boss "no", he'd have been on his ass looking for a job. If it is his boss's standing that they disagree with a ruling, you think he's gonna buck the system?

Could he be an anti? Certainly. Could he just be a lawyer handling his boss's case? Yup. Do you have any idea how many assistant State's Attorneys move on to the dark side (defense attorney)?

I think if he was just a lawyer doing his job, but had personal views that differed (like being pro-2A), he wouldn't have Gansler's blessing. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

We'll find out either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom