• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Not sure why it is news. Who would think anything else.

More fake news (time wise), I think this is very old but dated yesterday. Sorry, news to me though.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    No surprise.

Considering that almost all 4473s are eventually sent to the ATF, it's not surprising.

If a dealer goes out of business within twenty years of the 4473 transfer date, then the form must be sent to the ATF. For most dealers, this literally means all of their forms will be eventually turned in.

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    MSP Licensing Div.-Check
    NICS (FBI)-Check
    03 FFL (ATF)-Check
    TWIC (FBI/Homeland)-Check
    CDL Hazmat (FBI/Homeland)-Check

Well Hell, I guess I'm on everybody's list.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Eh. .gov keeping people's personal data without informing them is only a felony. No big deal.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Eh. .gov keeping people's personal data without informing them is only a felony. No big deal.

Possibly the Trump DoJ can look into prosecuting the violators. Or perhaps the BATFE can resign en masse, to save their pensions, and defund the bureau going forward.

Well, a guy can dream . . .

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    True, it's a violation of law, & a violation of a court order. Problem is, the court order was issued to a prior ATF director. And, no USAG is going to prosecute any government employee for obstruction of justice. All the ATF director need do is say he's sorry, the law hadn't been clarified at the time.

Judge Napolitano is wrong, though. They know who acquired specific guns, but that doesn't mean that they still have the gun; in most states, you don't have to notify anyone when you sell a gun. Obviously, they see the current illegal record keeping as the first step towards total registration of all guns.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Not sure why it is news. Who would think anything else.

More fake news (time wise), I think this is very old but dated yesterday. Sorry, news to me though.

I think it would be bigger news to find out they were not saving gun owner's personal data.

Sirex