• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    We are on the fence with putting my 12 y.o. son into some type of corrected lens for baseball. He is of smaller stature, looks more like a 10 y.o. but that is a different story.

We don't want him to wear the same glasses he uses for school.

My issue, is finding something pretending to be reasonable in price. Rec baseball is 3 months in length. He doesn't play other sports that he needs precision.

Anyone know of any store (online or otherwise) they could recommend? Also any specific brands would be great too.

Liberty Sport Rec Specs Maxx-21 are what I am looking at now. Liberty seems to be the leader in the category.

Thanks, and as always, hoping the collective wisdom of MDS can shine again!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My son(11) has had these for two years now. His eyes aren't that bad and the prescription is very light, but the sports glasses help tremendously. Can't recall the brand right off hand, but I can let you know when I get home. He's had them for 2 years and they are pretty durable as well as inexpensive(under $100)

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    My son(11) has had these for two years now. His eyes aren't that bad and the prescription is very light, but the sports glasses help tremendously. Can't recall the brand right off hand, but I can let you know when I get home. He's had them for 2 years and they are pretty durable as well as inexpensive(under $100)

Awesome! I knew another parent would have faced this. I really appreciate it Ray!

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    The Liberty Sport Rec Spec's are a great choice. Only issue my son had was fogging. Be sure to get some of the anti-fog sprays. He went to contacts this year and is a happy camper.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    We are on the fence with putting my 12 y.o. son into some type of corrected lens for baseball. He is of smaller stature, looks more like a 10 y.o. but that is a different story.

We don't want him to wear the same glasses he uses for school.

My issue, is finding something pretending to be reasonable in price. Rec baseball is 3 months in length. He doesn't play other sports that he needs precision.

Anyone know of any store (online or otherwise) they could recommend? Also any specific brands would be great too.

Liberty Sport Rec Specs Maxx-21 are what I am looking at now. Liberty seems to be the leader in the category.

Thanks, and as always, hoping the collective wisdom of MDS can shine again!

Got these for my 8 year old. The arms can be taken off and a strap put in their place, or a strap can be added to the rear of the arms. My son is really tough on glasses and these have held up great for the last 4 months. Just order them and take them to your optometrist to get the lenses.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZRB72D0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

617orTZBjeL._SL1500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom