• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Came via e-mail, Aim Surplus has 1000 rounds of Wolf 60 gr 5.45 X 39 (non-corrosive) for $179 plus $20 shipping. While no where near the prices we had of the surplus from Russia, I think it is a pretty good deal. I personally am tired of running home to immediately clean my rifle of all the corrosive salt.

After firing my AK 74, I can actually taste the salt on my skin from the primer salt......

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    Came via e-mail, Aim Surplus has 1000 rounds of Wolf 60 gr 5.45 X 39 (non-corrosive) for $179 plus $20 shipping. While no where near the prices we had of the surplus from Russia, I think it is a pretty good deal. I personally am tired of running home to immediately clean my rifle of all the corrosive salt.

After firing my AK 74, I can actually taste the salt on my skin from the primer salt......

Just purchased a 1000 rds. This is not a bad price. Thank you for sharing.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not bad and it runs fine for me. Havent tried it in my AR upper yet though.

I still would buy all the steel core you can, not a lot of it left but the stuff runs great (with proper cleaning!)

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    I will have to order some. I seem to have lots of ammo just not enough mags. Haven't even had a chance to shoot my 74 yet.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I will have to order some. I seem to have lots of ammo just not enough mags. Haven't even had a chance to shoot my 74 yet.

Yes! My AK made me open my eyes to combloc guns. The 74 is great to shoot. While I still have a tin of the corrosive stuff, like I said, getting tired of carrying a spray bottle full of ballistol oil and water, and having to spray down my gun immediately after shooting it.

I don't mind cleaning, its part of the whole gun ownership thing, just don't like being forced to do it right there and then. Sometimes it is just not convenient time wise....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom