• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Hello,
    Does anyone one have first had experience with these? What is their price point? I would like one if possible.

Thanks

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hello,
    Does anyone one have first had experience with these? What is their price point? I would like one if possible.

Thanks

There were few imported by Century Arms back in the early to mid 90's and for the most part, they were in very good to excellent condition. If you can find one in said condition at $600.00 to $700.00, I'd say buy it.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    There were few imported by Century Arms back in the early to mid 90's and for the most part, they were in very good to excellent condition. If you can find one in said condition at $600.00 to $700.00, I'd say buy it.

Thanks, that explains why I can not find any.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Of the 220k K98's the Germans left in Norway, a large number were dumped into the ocean, ten to a bundle tied up with slings. The Norwegian military kept the nicest ones. From what I gather, not too many were imported to the US.

BTW, here are a few welded together in a swastika at the Resistance Museum in Oslo. The first picture is one that a Norwegian friend took while she was there.
    52101273052026925599176.jpg

Rifles.jpg

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Does anyone own one of these? I heard theyiroved the sights.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I remember looking at one of these at Lou's place when his shop was in Arbutus. That was back in the 90s when Century imported them. Very cool but I was out of the Mauser collecting business and focused on Enfields. When I do see these pop up on GB they usually have a $800-900 asking price so I would echo Lou's advice to buy at $600-700. Norwegian small arms do seem to have a strong following and hold their values well.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They are interesting guns. One has been on my list for a while and there is one sitting on GB at $999 ($1049 buy it now). Have actually thought about it but the seller isnt hugely descriptive.

You have to be really careful with these, most will be mixed serial numbers and thats ok. Its the bolt being crossed out and renumbered to norwegian issue that you need to look for. They didnt do all the parts, but if it was rearsenaled it will have the majors renumbered.

Norway left the waffens etc intact typically.

Id buy a quality, correct example at anything up to $900. Particularly if it is marked "FLY"

Check out this guy's full collection

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=36555&page=2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom