• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    no sir, it's not a serious question...you don't like me or my position on the way 2A issues are fought by some here. When I post my opinion you try to bait me into saying something I shouldn't. My opinions are mine and mine alone but that doesn't make them any more or less valid than anyone else. You already know my stance on how things are handled and therefore you already know the answer to your question...I actually like reading and interacting with people here and I don't want to lose my privileges again...believe it or not there are a fair number of other here who hold similar opinions such as mine, they just aren't as vocal because they don't want to be chastised by people who have zero respect for other opinions...[/QUOTE]

Eh, I don't think much is going to change in Annapolis no matter what we do either because they simply don't give a crap about what we think and in reality have no reason to until we hold enough seats in both chambers for a veto to hold water.

However, Even though I don't think much is ever going to change around here, I personally don't have any other solutions and I damn sure am not going to try and vocally shit on someone elses parade who is trying to do nothing but good for our cause

IE: Man up Mondays, DINO project or whatever else is being tried.

I think that is what a few here may be responding to you in what may be perceived as trolling.

Just my 2 cents, no offense meant to anyone.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Over time handguns have evolved. in the 60's you would say 8 rounds was high capacity. There would have been more revolvers taken. It is the design of handguns and the attrition of older revolvers or older single stack guns that is causing the increase. IMO it has nothing to do with any laws.

Excellent point, one we need to make when this argument crops up. Fifty years ago, a service pistol carried 6-8 rounds. Guns like the Browning HP and S&W Model 59 were the outliers. Today, the 13-round mag of a Browning would be considered on the low side for a 9mm pistol.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Excellent point, one we need to make when this argument crops up. Fifty years ago, a service pistol carried 6-8 rounds. Guns like the Browning HP and S&W Model 59 were the outliers. Today, the 13-round mag of a Browning would be considered on the low side for a 9mm pistol.

Lets not forget that Maryland BANNING " Saturday Night Specials" led to the use of "High Capacity Magazines" in pistols. The Saturday Night Special ban forced criminals to use modern weapons, just like the law makers wanted them to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom