• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I am looking to build a unique carbine length upper, with a somewhat retro look.

My plan is to have an A2 upper, with carbine length barrel, and butt stock.

I also want to do it in "green". Not OD green, but the old style green.

I can get the components from Del Ton, which is where I will buy the base assembled components. Rifle, upper, stock, and hand grip....

The only thing I do not like or want, is the standard carbine handguard. It is too thick and makes the rifle look too modern.

Anyone know where I can get "skinny" handguards in green? Brownells has them in black only. Thanks in advance appreciate any leads.

Oh and here is the look I am going for.....

Attachments

• GreenAR.jpg
      GreenAR.jpg
      24.1 KB · Views: 1,575

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If I'm understanding you, what you're looking for is a "Carbine" handgaurd. As opposed to the currently predominate " M4 " style handgaurds.

I have a hazy recollection of Cavalry Arms having them in various colors, but I didn't re-google before posting.

Of course, when I have a hankering for a forend of a different color, I say it with Krylon. Spruce Green is my go to color.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    If I'm understanding you, what you're looking for is a "Carbine" handgaurd. As opposed to the currently predominate " M4 " style handgaurds.

I have a hazy recollection of Cavalry Arms having them in various colors, but I didn't re-google before posting.

Of course, when I have a hankering for a forend of a different color, I say it with Krylon. Spruce Green is my go to color.

Genius. OK I didn't know they were actually called something else ..... OK so I am looking for "Carbine" vs. "M4"..... Thank makes sense, let me search on that instead.... Thank you sir!!!!!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Occasionally might be refered to by the even older terminology of " C.A.R " style .

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Look up the B5 drop in Handguard. They are skinny and come in a ton of colors. They are like $40. I've had good experiences with them and they are super thin and light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom