• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    The real question is will the OP be there to watch the c-section...my son was a c-section...not for the queasy...you watch the doctor start taking out parts and placing them on your wife's stomach hoping he knows where they all go when he put's her back together..........

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Put the CG money in a CD and forget about it for a year and use your current gun. At the end of year when the CD matures review the CG purchase then.

YMMV but I have a suspicion that your available shooting time may be significantly reduced.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The real question is will the OP be there to watch the c-section...my son was a c-section...not for the queasy...you watch the doctor start taking out parts and placing them on your wife's stomach hoping he knows where they all go when he put's her back together..........
    You gotta figure that this is what these guys do - it's like an auto mechanic pulling an engine apart to get to an internal part that needs fixing or replacing. Most of those guys could do it in their sleep.

m32

Mar 5, 2013
    N. Balto County
    Being in healthcare but never having seen one in person, I was professionally curious. My wife didn't view her C-Section as a CE moment for me and wouldn't let me watch. Been in the OR for 2 now and haven't seen either.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Put the CG money in a CD and forget about it for a year and use your current gun. At the end of year when the CD matures review the CG purchase then.

YMMV but I have a suspicion that your available shooting time may be significantly reduced.

Very good point. Prior to kids, I used to shoot a couple times a month, hunt once a week during hunting season, and ride my bike 3,000+ miles a year.

After the first kid, I was doing those things a lot less often. Now, with three kids, I am lucky if I hunt once a month and I have all of 60 miles on my bike this year. Its an awful beautiful life. lol

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    now's the time to be a support player, not make a bid to get a better deal with your team.

She's going through a lot of crap right now, just be glad she hasn't actually killed you- she's working hard to give you the greatest thing any man can ask for.

Feb 28, 2013

:shocking:

If you watched that then you're a hell of a lot tougher then I thought.

Selene

Nov 18, 2012
    So yeah. I want to clarify my OP. This was supposed to be a joke. A bit of gallows humor before my best friend and the love of my life goes in for major surgery to help bring our daughter into this world.

I appreciate the support from some and want to clarify a few things so other people don't think I am an a hole.

-I am not actually planning on buying a CG right now for myself or my daughter. We live comfortably within our means and could purchase it with no issue. My wife would not have any issue with me buying it. She would actually enjoy going back to spend the day at the Hyatt Spa in Cambridge while I get fitted for my CG like I did for my Fabarm.

-Buying an expensive shotgun for someone that may not use it for 12-14 years if ever is silly and a waste of money. That's why I said it, because it was ridiculous. I would be ecstatic if my daughter got into shooting clays some day, but that up to her. I realize there are many ways better to spend my money on her than to buy a shotgun. These so far have mostly including pink socks, hats, and a browning onesie.

-Yes, I have already worked with my financial adviser to set up several funds for her throughout her life.

-My wife is my hero. She has had a rough time leading up to the pregnancy and throughout the pregnancy, lots of scares and medical issues. She has been a rockstar the entire time. Humor has helped us through the rough times. Laughter has definitely been the best medicine.

-I have stood by and supported her through everything, and yes, I bought her a nice present. It wasn't diamond earings, but I did buy her a very nice necklace with our daughter's birth stone.

-I guess I was just trying to use the forum as an outlet, to get a laugh or support. I am sorry if it came across the wrong way.

Here is hoping that everything goes well, and that my daughter grows up to be a skeet shooter.

BTW, my wife laughed at some of the posts but said it couldn't be a CG, it needs to by a Syren

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    So yeah. I want to clarify my OP. This was supposed to be a joke. A bit of gallows humor before my best friend and the love of my life goes in for major surgery to help bring our daughter into this world.

I appreciate the support from some and want to clarify a few things so other people don't think I am an a hole.

-I am not actually planning on buying a CG right now for myself or my daughter. We live comfortably within our means and could purchase it with no issue. My wife would not have any issue with me buying it. She would actually enjoy going back to spend the day at the Hyatt Spa in Cambridge while I get fitted for my CG like I did for my Fabarm.

-Buying an expensive shotgun for someone that may not use it for 12-14 years if ever is silly and a waste of money. That's why I said it, because it was ridiculous. I would be ecstatic if my daughter got into shooting clays some day, but that up to her. I realize there are many ways better to spend my money on her than to buy a shotgun. These so far have mostly including pink socks, hats, and a browning onesie.

-Yes, I have already worked with my financial adviser to set up several funds for her throughout her life.

-My wife is my hero. She has had a rough time leading up to the pregnancy and throughout the pregnancy, lots of scares and medical issues. She has been a rockstar the entire time. Humor has helped us through the rough times. Laughter has definitely been the best medicine.

-I have stood by and supported her through everything, and yes, I bought her a nice present. It wasn't diamond earings, but I did buy her a very nice necklace with our daughter's birth stone.

-I guess I was just trying to use the forum as an outlet, to get a laugh or support. I am sorry if it came across the wrong way.

Here is hoping that everything goes well, and that my daughter grows up to be a skeet shooter.

BTW, my wife laughed at some of the posts but said it couldn't be a CG, it needs to by a Syren

Here, here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

Lastly, keep in mind that humor is lost on the internet. I have a hard enough time picking up humor in person. Forget about it over the internet.

Feb 28, 2013
    Here, here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

Lastly, keep in mind that humor is lost on the internet. I have a hard enough time picking up humor in person. Forget about it over the internet.

That's what them little emoteycons are supposed to be for.;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nah , being there for C sections is cool. Mrs Biggfoot was cracking jokes with the medical team each time. It was humorous when Biggfootette first stuck her head out, looked around, and decided she didn't like being surrounded by people with masks. Crawled back in , and refused to come out.

Friend of mine got paged to respond to his first C section , during 2 for 1 night at the local establishment after (mumble) Jack Daniels. His comment at the time was " Cool ! Just like field dressing a deer !" . The wife didn't let him live that one down for a long time.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

MUCH better financial vehicles than a CD. Which is paying what these days? 1 - 1.5%?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    MUCH better financial vehicles than a CD. Which is paying what these days? 1 - 1.5%?

Whether a financial vehicle is much better than a CD depends on how risk adverse somebody is. I'd love to hear of something at 2%+ return with zero downside. I'd stick a ton of money in it right now because I am scared to death of the stock market, but want to stay ahead of inflation. A CD is not staying ahead of inflation right now, which is rather ridiculous. Also a good reason why the stock market is doing so well.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    We used to have some in an ING fund that paid a minimum of 1.5% and a max of 6%, tied to S&P 500. They had another fund that was 0% - 8%. So both are low risk.

Selene

Nov 18, 2012
    To follow up, this is Evie. She was born yesterday morning. Mom and baby are doing great.

She is deffinately a skeet shooter :)

Attachments

• 1121141205a.jpg
      1121141205a.jpg
      60.3 KB · Views: 60

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    To follow up, this is Evie. She was born yesterday morning. Mom and baby are doing great.

She is such a cutie! :thumbsup:

Start saving for college when she gets out of the hospital. My brother did that with his 2 girls and the money for their college was there when they hit 18. My sister-in-law also gave my brother a lot of latitude in buying stuff as long as he stayed out of the college funds.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

Awesome.

Congrats OP. Now, like my father and father in-law told me, which I did not want to believe, your life will be changed forever. More in a good way than a bad way. Enjoy the moment. I was looking at some photos the other day from 4 years ago, and I had completely forgotten the event. I wanted to cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom