• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have what I hope won't be a stupid question. I just got my first suppressor and I was wondering how other people stored theirs when not in use. DO you just put it on a shelf in your gun safe, keep it in some type of case or even leave it attached to whatever you use it on? Just want to know how I should take care of mine. Thanks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One on the gun for home defense. The rest either on a gun in the safe or on a shelf in the safe.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Not that I'd change my ways about it or anything... but if the NFA item is owned personally (and not on a trust that includes family members), isn't having that item out and about where they have control over it when you're not around technically a federal no-no?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not that I'd change my ways about it or anything... but if the NFA item is owned personally (and not on a trust that includes family members), isn't having that item out and about where they have control over it when you're not around technically a federal no-no?

The AR I keep for HD is in a wall safe in my room It only gets unlocked when I am home. My wife can grab one of the handguns around if need be.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I keep mine are on a shelf in the safe. I keep each one in small case to keep them from getting scratched up. Many of them came with cases. None of the large subgun cans came with one, but 12" x 2" zippered knife cases work well.

Prior to that.....I kept them randomly thrown on the dash of the van that I lived in down by the river. ;)

Last edited:

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    My host gun, FNP 45 Tactical, has a soft case that holds everything that came with the gun including a sleeve for a suppressor. Velcro holds the pouches for magazines and the suppressor when I get one.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I wouldn't want to be a defendant in MD who used deadly force with a suppressed firearm. A prosecutor will have the jury asking where the rope and tree are.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    I wouldn't want to be a defendant in MD who used deadly force with a suppressed firearm. A prosecutor will have the jury asking where the rope and tree are.

They're going to try to hang you no matter what, why would using a legally owned suppressor to legally defend yourself or your family change things other than the optics, or the portrayal of you in the media?

FWIW...I'm not trying to be argumentative, just curious your thoughts on it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They're going to try to hang you no matter what, why would using a legally owned suppressor to legally defend yourself or your family change things other than the optics, or the portrayal of you in the media?

FWIW...I'm not trying to be argumentative, just curious your thoughts on it.

Because under the tender loving care of a staunchly anti-2A Maryland prosecutor, a jury in this state could easily lean towards a different verdict based on whether or not they perceive you to be a gun nut itching to use your lethal toys. "Optics" (I genuinely dislike that use of this word!) are frequently the difference between opposing outcomes from a jury.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Nonsense.

My choice in HD guns is non-conventional, but I can justify every accessory. 10.5” SBR, Geissele trigger (rapid fire), suppressor. Used by the police and military as a PDW....that says it all. Suppressor because I don’t need to go blind and deaf. Oh, it’s loaded with hand loads.

I thought you had them all in spring loaded drawers, ala the punisher doc?

Well, not all of them!!!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Nonsense.

My choice in HD guns is non-conventional, but I can justify every accessory. 10.5” SBR, Geissele trigger (rapid fire), suppressor. Used by the police and military as a PDW....that says it all. Suppressor because I don’t need to go blind and deaf. Oh, it’s loaded with hand loads.

Well, not all of them!!!

10.5 is generally what is needed to achieve 29oal easily on an ar type platform, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom