• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'm looking to pick a barrel for a 300 Blackout SBR build. I'm looking for between 9.5 and 10.5 inches and was hoping to find one that comes with an installed pinned gas block. So far I've only seen the Noveske barrels with a pinned block installed. I know I could have it done but it would be easier if I could just order it done. Also anybody have experience with the KAK value barrels? If I have to get a barrel without a block and have it pinned I was thinking about going with the KAK. Thanks in advance.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Noveske barrels come with plocks pre-drilled along with the block and the pin. They are not yet installed. You would not be able to put a barrel nut on of it were already installed.

If you plan to ever suppress this gun, you will want an adjustable gas block one one sort or another. With the Noveske, a "Switch Block". With any other barrel, I recommend SLR adjustable block set screw type, pinned on.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Noveske barrels come with plocks pre-drilled along with the block and the pin. They are not yet installed. You would not be able to put a barrel nut on of it were already installed.

If you plan to ever suppress this gun, you will want an adjustable gas block one one sort or another. With the Noveske, a "Switch Block". With any other barrel, I recommend SLR adjustable block set screw type, pinned on.

So I was reading into this over on some other sites and the majority of what I read was the adjustable gas block wasn't necessary except for manufacturers who drill oversized gas ports. The intent is to suppress the gun and rarely run supers through it. Planning to put in the paperwork for the SBR and suppressor at the same time (come on tax returns!!). Looking at the YHM Phantom LT.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You've picked the right can. The Lt and LTA are great cans. I have one I use on my 300 and one of my 5.56s. Zero POI shift on either gun.

I built my 300 using a Rainier 10.5" Ultramatch barrel. No matter what setting I put on my block(even all the way open) it would not cycle lead bullet subs. Took it to see Chad. The port was too narrow so he opened it up. Now she eats everything I feed her. 300 blks can be very finicky eaters. Over gasing is even more detrimental to your gun. If you go with the Noveske, I highly recommend the switch block. I just put one on my 5.56 SBR. I haven't gotten it to the range yet though.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I am using an 8.2 noveske and run 95% suppressed. It runs supers fine also. If I was going to do it again, I may go 10.5 for more hand room upfront.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I doubt it will make much of a difference. Just remember, you've go the reach that 29.1 inch overall length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom