• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gab3

Jun 7, 2012
    I just learned about all this "trust" stuff. Noob i know :(

So, I have some NFA firearms that are registered to me at BATFE. I want to transfer them, and some other non-NFA firearms, into the trust. If I file this week (July 15th) the transfer might not be complete till after 1 Oct. Will my transfer be null and void, or is the effective date of the transfer the day i send the NFA transfer package to BATFE?

Also, if I have a non-NFA firearm thats on the MD gun ban list, will i need to do an ATF form 4 and get a tax stamp to transfer said firearm into my trust?

Thanks for your help guys!

AGCLVP

Jan 27, 2009
    I just learned about all this "trust" stuff. Noob i know :(

So, I have some NFA firearms that are registered to me at BATFE. I want to transfer them, and some other non-NFA firearms, into the trust. If I file this week (July 15th) the transfer might not be complete till after 1 Oct. Will my transfer be null and void, or is the effective date of the transfer the day i send the NFA transfer package to BATFE?

Also, if I have a non-NFA firearm thats on the MD gun ban list, will i need to do an ATF form 4 and get a tax stamp to transfer said firearm into my trust?

Thanks for your help guys!
    If you are concerned about SB 281 your concerns are unfounded.

SB 281 does not address NFA firearms.

Gab3

Jun 7, 2012
    Ah interesting, didnt know that. Ok so, i have an AR that will be on the gun ban. I figured putting all of my firearms in a trust, to include my nfa firearms will help the situation a bit. So, once i sign and notarize the paperwork showing that the firearm is in the trust, i shud b good right? Do i need to file said trust with the state of Md or anything?

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Ah interesting, didnt know that. Ok so, i have an AR that will be on the gun ban. I figured putting all of my firearms in a trust, to include my nfa firearms will help the situation a bit. So, once i sign and notarize the paperwork showing that the firearm is in the trust, i shud b good right? Do i need to file said trust with the state of Md or anything?

I don't think a trust does what you think it does. You should talk with a NFA lawyer and get some qualified answers.

-Jim

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    There is no point in placing non NFA firearms in your NFA trust. No point in placing regulated (MD) firearms in a trust even if they will be banned after Oct. 1st. If you own it now (legally) then you're good to go come October. You don't need to do anything else. As far as NFA stuff, I don't know Jack.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Let me help:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=111091

The fact is you SHOULD NOT put non-NFA firearms into a trust, ANY trust. TO EVERYONE, if you have questions about your trust or trusts in general, please come talk to me. I'm always happy to chat (yes, for no $, to a degree). If you don't want to talk to me, go find a lawyer but make sure they know of and understand MD firearms law and NFA laws. Fair warning, many attorneys in Maryland refer to me for NFA trusts. You can find my contact info in the IP section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom