• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 29, 2015
    Hi all,
    I hope I have posted this in the proper section. I've been offered a great opportunity in northwest Arkansas near the Ozarks. I'm leaving most of my weaponry here and keeping this this home in case things do not work out. Long story short, I believe my my Utah CCW is reciprocal in Arkansas. I've done some research and there are some grey areas I don't fully understand if I'm legal or not. If anyone has gone through a similar process please advise and thanks in advance. The second question is I'll be transporting my hunting and HD gear with me in my truck. Just looking for any insight into transporting firearms across multiple states.

-TAS

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Grey areas regarding needing AR permit vs Utah ? Transporting items from Md to AR ? Or things stored back in Md ?

Jan 29, 2015
    Grey areas regarding needing AR permit vs Utah ? Transporting items from Md to AR ? Or things stored back in Md ?

Sorry about that, yes to the first two questions and no to the last..like, if I drive from Baltimore to AR with a bunch of guns, locked and cased is it legal? And when I arrive, can I wear my XD legally with my Utah permit?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you live there and work there, you will need to establish residency there. Different states have different time frames for this.

For transport, see any of the threads about FOPA. You need to have them in a separate compartment (trunk), or in no separate compartment, the ammo OR the firearms need to be in locked cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom