• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anuebis

Dec 22, 2018
    I know the governor signed an EO stating all licenses will be extended (if expired during to covid) to the 30th day after the covid is lifted.

When filling out the application on line....Does that mean it’s still considered a “renewal” or would it be considered a “new” application since it’s techincally expired (during covid)?

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    I know the governor signed an EO stating all licenses will be extended (if expired during to covid) to the 30th day after the covid is lifted.

When filling out the application on line....Does that mean it’s still considered a “renewal” or would it be considered a “new” application since it’s techincally expired (during covid)?

It’s still a renewal. But I wouldn’t wait, they’re actually renewing within 7 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    It’s still a renewal. But I wouldn’t wait, they’re actually renewing within 7 days.

7 days? I just sent my renewal in this week. Interested to see what the turnaround time will be. Random rant - they switched the application to online only:thumbsup:, but then you have to print the email and snail mail a check in. :tdown: WTH? Why not have a pay online option. Stupid.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

7 days? I just sent my renewal in this week. Interested to see what the turnaround time will be. Random rant - they switched the application to online only:thumbsup:, but then you have to print the email and snail mail a check in. :tdown: WTH? Why not have a pay online option. Stupid.

Answer... Because Maryland.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD

Because they’ve tried to give the “appearance” of streamlining a process, but still keep .GovProcess engineering Commandments in place. Commandment 1 is “Thou shalt always leave open interfaces for human customer error”. That way any delays or issues in “the system” can be deflected to those interface points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The law states the state police shall accept personal checks, certified funds, money orders, etc. I presume to prevent any previous games over payment methods?

But that doesn't mean they're prohibited from also accepting debit transactions over the web, just an interpretation and implementation issue.

Anuebis

Dec 22, 2018
    Thanks for all the info guys!

I submitted my renewal paperwork and sent a postal money order since it’s online....except payment method. MSP hasn’t cashed the money order yet.

I’m eagerly awaiting their decision.

Anuebis

Dec 22, 2018
    Any update on your progress??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom