ATF moving to ban pistol braces (again)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Yes, but many of the earlier generations the buffer tube was not mil-spec and wouldn't accept a mil spec stock. That was only a guess though.

This is where my theory is debunked.

Perhaps it is the LoP that's the issue with SBA3 ( ? ) which is more of a question than an answer.

It's hard to keep up with all of this.

So you can’t have it on an A5 tube???

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    The SBA4 brace is also on a mil spec carbine buffer tube and pretty objectively more sturdy than the SBA3. I ended up putting some SB tactical "LOP Limiters" to keep the "LOP" under 13.5 as per some of the recent ATF cases...

Is just one of the SB tactical "LOP Limiters" enough to correct the problem or are more needed?

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

DEFUND THE ATF!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Wouldn't put it past the ATF to pull some shenanigans, but without details there isn't much point in speculating, seems more like a fundraising thing than a specific threat to braced "pistols".

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    The fact that nobody has mentioned the book "Unintended Consequences" still amazes me. This tome is amazing in its power to communicate what is being done to the community. And the message it could send regarding overstepping. This is a "slap my head" moment. But if you can't be bothered to read and learn, you get... what you get..

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Defunding then leaves us with no legal way to buy NFA items. Eventually someone would get around to investigating that. And likely no FFL is going to sell you an NFA item if ATF can’t process the form and approval.

NFA/Hughs has been tested with “but how can the government punish you for not paying a tax they refuse to collect”?

I doubt “aren’t able to collect” would end much better for the people who’d test that.

Merely meant to aggravate lurkers, not to ruffle technical feathers. I’ll take another mds break ... difficult to come across good news .

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I haven't hear many commenters on MDS (or anywhere else) discuss Obamas 2A achievements. Would you mind sharing some? I'm starting to wonder if I need to expand my information sources?

Don't know if he achieved anything, which is good considering he was labeled to be the grim reaper when it came to our 2A rights, and as far as I know most of the biggest threats have and are coming from Republicans who are supposed to be the 2A saviors right? I'm quite happy he had no noteworthy accolades aren't you? Reagan, and both father and son Bush, have far long standing and greater achievements in there stellar terms.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    To me it seems like a reasonable evolution would be for my “cashed check” to serve as my proof of their receipt of my paid tax. This is especially true for purchases made by individuals vs Trusts.

To be fair I think the reason they cash the check right away is to avoid problems from changing bank accounts or insufficient funds.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Don't know if he achieved anything, which is good considering he was labeled to be the grim reaper when it came to our 2A rights, and as far as I know most of the biggest threats have and are coming from Republicans who are supposed to be the 2A saviors right? I'm quite happy he had no noteworthy accolades aren't you? Reagan, and both father and son Bush, have far long standing and greater achievements in there stellar terms.

Obama never really went after the 2A, either. Almost completely neutral. More than we can say for Reagan and Trump.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Exactly my point!!! Which is crazy.
    Maybe he realized what going after guns would incur. Instead, letting the 'crazies' do the job for him. You can't deny it didn't almost work. Only have to look at the results of Sandy Hook and the scarcity of guns and ammo afterwards.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Maybe he realized what going after guns would incur. Instead, letting the 'crazies' do the job for him. You cant deny it didn't almost work.

True...But again my point is Reagan, Bush SR, Bush JR, and now Trump admin, are all Republican and have outright went after our 2A, no cloak and dagger was necessary. It incurred nothing but people advocating how 2A they are.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I haven't hear many commenters on MDS (or anywhere else) discuss Obamas 2A achievements. Would you mind sharing some? I'm starting to wonder if I need to expand my information sources?

Obama's 2A achievements are mostly based in what he didn't do. He didn't get to ban firearms, though he would have if he thought it was possible. But the threat was enough.

One positive effect he had was flooding America with evil black rifles. Everyone was certain that he'd find a way to ban them, so they purchased enough of them to underscore their being "in common use." This will be helpful in the courts.

Another achievement was his "Fast and Furious" drug cartel gunrunning program. Evil on the face of it, and clearly designed as a tool to generate anti-2A sentiment and legislation, on exposure it blew up in his face, helping to cement the realisation that, yes, Virginia, we are coming for your guns.

Don't forget the way he poured gasoline onto the Zimmerman and Ferguson situations. More reasons to take up arms due to civil unrest. Many of the first-time gun buyers are on the Left of the spectrum, and bright enough to realise that they might inadvertently be harmed by the conditions their leaders foment.

Encouraging the media presence of race-baiters has also helped pro-2A sentiments, brought to fruition by the recent and continuing bouts of unrest. His administration was all about race-baiting, though it certainly didn't have to be. He could have been a huge force for civility. However, that's not what he is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom