• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tidalwave

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 29, 2019
    mine came in...

I got a field grade.....looks like a fresh arsenal rebuild with one scratch (not a minor scratch though). Not a complaint just a note. It is a field grade....and looks like it hasn't been shot since rebuild. Feed ramp parked, no scuffs.

It looks good. I wasn't interested but now wish I put in an order!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Got an email from CMP to call them and verify my information. My number came up 8457, they only have Field Grade and Rack Grade available I picked Field. Now wait for them to ship to my FFL. I've got a piece of history coming my way.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Form what’s been posted on the CMP site the fields are awesome. I’m glad they are pushing the 9000 number range. If they only get 8k in the next release (if it ever happens) I might have a chance as my number is mid 17000 range. Can’t wait to see pictures.

Got an email from CMP to call them and verify my information. My number came up 8457, they only have Field Grade and Rack Grade available I picked Field. Now wait for them to ship to my FFL. I've got a piece of history coming my way.

jmike3543

Sep 10, 2018
    Eternally waiting for mine. Looks like 2021 for me given that my number was in the mid 18,000s....

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Well, there must be a Santa Claus. Just got a call from CMP asking if I wanted a Rack, Field, or Service grade. My number was #10983.

Thank You, Santa Claus.

Q

Redcat

Curmudgeon
    Oct 4, 2008
    Severn, MD
    Well, there must be a Santa Claus. Just got a call from CMP asking if I wanted a Rack, Field, or Service grade. My number was #10983.

Thank You, Santa Claus.

Q

Latest report was RGN # 11030 +. I’m within 500 numbers now and crossing my fingers.

There must be a lot of people who either didn’t follow the CMP instructions and were disqualified or a bunch of folks who are declining when called...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Thank You, Santa Claus.

Q

You must have been a good boy this year. Either St. Nick or the ghost of JMB is looking out for you.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Number was in the 95XX range. They called me about a month or so ago and gave me the option of field or service grade. Picked service and was impressed when I got it how nice it is. RR frame and slide. Numbers put it around 1942/43 can't remember exactly. Cleaned it up and oiled it up but haven't shot it yet. Maybe tomorrow. Very happy with what I got.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but, do the modern 1911 magazines(7,8, and/or 10 rnd) fit the original WWI and WWII 1911s? Just wondering if the tolerances would cause sticking or binding. I assume they will, just want to make sure.

Q

Jul 1, 2012
    I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but, do the modern 1911 magazines(7,8, and/or 10 rnd) fit the original WWI and WWII 1911s? Just wondering if the tolerances would cause sticking or binding. I assume they will, just want to make sure.

Q

They should work fine.
    Tolerances were intentionally looser on the original 1911's and -A1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom