• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deputyG23

Oct 8, 2017
    My son will be getting his HQL soon. I have one or possibly two handguns I wish to gift him.
    My question is, can I transport the arms into MD myself, properly secured, to a MD FFL and do the transfer, or do the arms have to be shipped from a VA FFL to a MD FFL?
    He is getting my old agency marked G27 and one of my old 4" service revolvers. His sister here in VA got my old agency marked G22 for her birthday this year. Time to pass some items down so I can see them enjoy them now.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    too bad you didn't gift those to them way back when they lived in your household... and they just took them with them as they moved on...

deputyG23

Oct 8, 2017
    too bad you didn't gift those to them way back when they lived in your household... and they just took them with them as they moved on...

I did send a SIG P228 and a couple of hunting guns with him when he moved a few years ago. He shot the 228 better than I did. A couple more of his long guns are here for storage until he gets a bigger place.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , you can deliver them in person to the Md FFL . Double check with the FFL in advance that they care to recieve from individual per their store policy . ( Some Dlr get picky about recieving a shipment from individual , but most are ok with in person .)

deputyG23

Oct 8, 2017
    Yes , you can deliver them in person to the Md FFL . Double check with the FFL in advance that they care to recieve from individual per their store policy . ( Some Dlr get picky about recieving a shipment from individual , but most are ok with in person .)

I plan to use Free State Gun Range which is close to him. We have shot there twice since he moved to Baltimore. Will have him ask them when he gets the HQL through them.
    He got a gift certificate from me to them for his birthday yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom