Which shotgun should I get before Hilary is elected?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RexLGlenn

Oct 27, 2016
    I've been reading all about these gun bans going to happen when Hilary is elected. I'm think of getting the Standard Manufacturing DP-12 in this FPS Russia video. or the KSG.

Which one would you get ?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    A scary black one. The kind you can't get in Mass.

I doubt shotties are going to be high on the list of targets for the gun banners.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Whatever you can afford...and plenty of ammo to go with it...

Shotguns don't tend to be put into the mix...Canada is an Example but we have the NFA which limits length and a Tax procedure...Canadians don't have those constraints...

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    VEPR or Saiga 12. Both are detachable box magazine fed, gas operated semi autos.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I've been reading all about these gun bans going to happen when Hilary is elected. I'm think of getting the Standard Manufacturing DP-12 in this FPS Russia video. or the KSG.

Which one would you get ?

FIVE (yes, 5!) Remington 870 Express or, preferably, Wingmaster.

12 ga.

Look for used and in good shape. The older 870s are better than the new.
    Better/higher quality.

Hey! You asked!

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I was eying the KSG for the longest time as well, but after watching and reading up on the reviews I've found the reliability of them to be iffy.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    :shrug: ? um, :smoke: all the ones i want? kick in some pistols and rifles too. take out a loan and buy whatever you want. :beer:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hopefully, and if there is justice in this world, the shotgun you should buy before Hillary is elected isn't on the market yet and hasn't even been invented.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Donate to NRA, and their endorsed presidential candidate, vote for him and advocate that others do the same, and if he is successful, then take your time and buy whatever you want.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I see lots of break action and pump guns mentioned. Don't bother now. She's not gonna ban those right away. Get the evil black arms, because they're at the top of her list. Get the pumps, SxS and over/unders later.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    I think the semi-autos will be among the first to be banned. That's why I'm happy to have got myself a VEPR 12 last time around.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Might make sense to get a couple firearms preceding a state level ban, in hopes of grandfathering them, but buying for insurance against a Clinton presidency isn't the same. Outside of looking pathetically defeatist, it might be a waste of money. She has been pushing for the "Australian model", and that should be seen as a line in the sand for everyone. Australia's constitution wasn't unlike our own, the federal government had a restriction against enacting gun bans, due process and a requirement that people were to be paid fairly for property taken by the government. The government compelled the States to ban practically everything, pump and semi shotguns included, no grandfathering, possession was a felony, and all firearms had to be turned into confiscation centers. Their confiscation model was called a "buyback", they raised healthcare taxes to pay for it, paid owners a few cents on the dollar for their firearms in exchange for not becoming a felon, and collected/destroyed over a million.

This should be a dire warning for us, we know how Obamacare was rammed through, when a president and their party in control of congress wants something, they will push it through regardless of the consequences and legality, they use any legislative procedure they can to silence opposition and ram it through without regard for the vast majority of people that oppose it. The courts are the only defense we have when the other 2 branches get hijacked as they did in 2008, but with an even slit in SCOTUS, and the next president poised to appoint a majority and influence it for decades, that can't be counted on either. If gun owners came together, spent 1/2 the time and money they did in panic buying on pushing to keep anti-gun politicians out of office, then they wouldn't have had a chance to ban anything, and we might be able to gain some ground. There are a few that stock up on weapons ahead of a Tyrant's election to stash and prepare to fight if forced confiscation comes, but the vast majority don't go to any effort to fight against gun control now and are just wasting money. They just buy guns now in hopes of making a buck or having something rare if others fight for their rights and manage to get a grandfather clause or prevent a total ban, and will probably be the first to obey confiscation and turn them in if the fight is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom