• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have asked several sources and gotten many answers however the things that seem to be repeated are am immediate family member can take possession of firearms or parents without getting an outside agency involved.

TD

NO. Do yourself a favor and talk to a lawyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I spoke to a lawyer, MSP, and two FFl's

If any of you have different information and can cite the law please, I'd be happy to get a straight answer.

TD

Personally, if it was a lawyer I had actually engaged (not just an informal chat), I'd go with his opinion over the others. The lawyer is the only one in that group who has any professional responsibility to do research to get you an accurate answer to your specific situation.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Yes I did and used quicken willmaker. Only thing I have specified directly in my will is banned rifles. "Banned rifles as defined by Maryland law go to so and so", with an alternate person or two.

Everything else is letter of intent for the wifey to deal with. There is an envelope with suggestions and my desire that none of my collection be destroyed. You have things like standard capacity magazines and ghost guns to consider.

I included a line in the draft stating that firearms not already distributed per the instructions are to be divided out in round-robin fashion among the listed parties, each choosing one firearm, until the unlisted firearms are exhausted. Another line says anyone who the executor believes is not interested in the firearms for legitimate self-protection, hunting, or collecting purposes may be excluded from the proceeding, and the executor is not one of the participants. We'll see what the lawyer massages those into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom