• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Hey Fishers
    Buddy and I are planning on fishing at Fletchers boat ramp, on the MD side. I think I need a non tidal license, correct. Any other advice would be helpful.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hey Fishers
    Buddy and I are planning on fishing at Fletchers boat ramp, on the MD side. I think I need a non tidal license, correct. Any other advice would be helpful.

There is no MD side if I am correct and you would need a DC Fishing license, which they do sell at the location.

http://www.fletcherscove.com/

the above website should provide you with any necessary information but if not in the top right hand corner there is a phone number. I don't go over there much. The Shad run is awesome but I hate HATE HATE constantly snagging on to 70lb catfish line thats been randomly disgarded and the 400 heinekin bottles floating around.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They are closed due to the pandemic but does anyone know if their parking lot and kayak launch is available for use?
    Shad are showing up.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They are closed due to the pandemic but does anyone know if their parking lot and kayak launch is available for use?
    Shad are showing up.

I’ll reach out to my guy (he takes forever) I’ll see if i can find out for you

Edit- He took exactly 30 seconds. It’s closed. He works for DOEE

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    DNR closed recreational boating in Maryland waters unless fishing commercially or for sustenance. Shad are not designated a food fish. What can DNR do? The same thing they can do if they catch someone illegally hunting...... good luck...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shad are catch and release......not sure what the DNR will do if they catch you
    Kayaking is legal exercise.
    Totally forgot about the fishing for sustenance thing.

I’ll reach out to my guy (he takes forever) I’ll see if i can find out for you

Edit- He took exactly 30 seconds. It’s closed. He works for DOEE
    Thanks!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Kayaking is legal exercise.
    Totally forgot about the fishing for sustenance thing.

Thanks!

I’m sure you can still park over there by the bridge and take that long walk to the water. Probably even park on the Maryland side and walk the C&O down but I’m being told that boat ramp is closed.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Yep it’s closed. I drive past it on the way to and from work. The place was a madhouse last week before they closed. Most cars I think I’ve seen in the lot on a weekday.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    DNR closed recreational boating in Maryland waters unless fishing commercially or for sustenance. Shad are not designated a food fish. What can DNR do? The same thing they can do if they catch someone illegally hunting...... good luck...

It's in DC!!!!!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Has DC closed recreational fishing?

No

Mayors order 2020-054

Part IV 1

Allowable recreational activities

Ex- Walking, hiking, running, dog-walk....etc etc AND any other activities that comply with social distancing requirements.

PM inbound as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom