• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    OK, is this an area where MSI could work with the State Police to clarify everything, leaving as regulated what is regulated to please the Democrat majority? Just to clarify what is/isn't permitted?

We are just going to get hosed if that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    OK, is this an area where MSI could work with the State Police to clarify everything, leaving as regulated what is regulated to please the Democrat majority? Just to clarify what is/isn't permitted?

Utterly pointless. The State Police would have to issue regulations in order to be binding and they just won't do that.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    But they can be inherited! See MD Code Criminal Law 4-302:

5) the receipt of an assault weapon or detachable magazine by inheritance, and possession of the inherited assault weapon or detachable magazine, if the decedent lawfully possessed the assault weapon or detachable
    magazine and the person inheriting the assault weapon or detachable magazine is not otherwise disqualified from possessing a regulated firearm;

Picky, picky. :D

seungkoo

Apr 4, 2020
    So many laws...can I sell a stripped lower to a fellow Maryland resident without going through a FFL? The lower was purchased as a stripped lower so I filled out a 77r during purchase. If I gift it to someone do they need to fill
    Out a 77r and go through a ffl?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    So many laws...can I sell a stripped lower to a fellow Maryland resident without going through a FFL? The lower was purchased as a stripped lower so I filled out a 77r during purchase. If I gift it to someone do they need to fill
    Out a 77r and go through a ffl?

Either that or transfer through the MSP

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I was under the impression that 556 receivers were 77r (regulated) essentially because "frame or receiver" of a regulated firearm was also a regulated firearm (see section 5-101, definition of regulated firearm and definition of firearm which includes the frame or receiver). So its not because they can be "made into pistols," its because they are the frame or receiver an enumerated firearm on the list.

308 lowers are being treated cash and carry because they are not the lower of any enumerated firearm.

I would have explained it differently, but your understanding is the same as mine.

Once in talking with Licensing, it was explained that having the 5.56 compatible lowers processed via a 77R allows MDSP to know if it was legal to build into a banned AR15 configuration by knowing when said lower was purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom