Next Level Training Performer SIRT Pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    I'm thinking about buying a Next Level Training Performer SIRT Pistol. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about SIRT training pistols? I'm also considering buying a Glock Reset Trigger kit instead of the SIRT Pistol. It looks like the Glock Reset Trigger kit takes a fair amount of work to install and uninstall for range time. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Eric

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm thinking about buying a Next Level Training Performer SIRT Pistol. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about SIRT training pistols? I'm also considering buying a Glock Reset Trigger kit instead of the SIRT Pistol. It looks like the Glock Reset Trigger kit takes a fair amount of work to install and uninstall for range time. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Eric

****I have a SIRT pistol with both green and red lasers. It has the same sights, weight, and feel as my Glock 17, and fits my holsters perfectly.

I use it with a several different types of laser targets that record or provide instant feedback, and it has been very very helpful in making me a better, more consistent, and faster shooter with accuracy. It has helped me with my reloads in competition, etc.. as it comes with weighted mags to practice that important facet of defense or combat type shooting.

It makes a great addition to regular shooting and has helped me really steady my hand on faster stages, better sighting at speed, etc..

It was worth every penny for me. I practice with it often, especially before and after range time. At the range, I use it to warm up and get ready to shoot recoil loads, or to practice a shooting stage, etc.. If you only have one gun, a dedicated laser trigger kit sucks IMO. I have a kit on one gun, from Lenny Magill, but never switch it out even though I can - it's just a hassle honestly. They work ok, and you can do some drills on it that you can't easily do (rack the slide drills, etc..) with a SIRT pistol but I use the SIRT pistol almost exclusively now as it's just so easy and convenient.

Anyway, hope this helps some.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    ****I have a SIRT pistol with both green and red lasers. It has the same sights, weight, and feel as my Glock 17, and fits my holsters perfectly.

I use it with a several different types of laser targets that record or provide instant feedback, and it has been very very helpful in making me a better, more consistent, and faster shooter with accuracy. It has helped me with my reloads in competition, etc.. as it comes with weighted mags to practice that important facet of defense or combat type shooting.

It makes a great addition to regular shooting and has helped me really steady my hand on faster stages, better sighting at speed, etc..

It was worth every penny for me. I practice with it often, especially before and after range time. At the range, I use it to warm up and get ready to shoot recoil loads, or to practice a shooting stage, etc.. If you only have one gun, a dedicated laser trigger kit sucks IMO. I have a kit on one gun, from Lenny Magill, but never switch it out even though I can - it's just a hassle honestly. They work ok, and you can do some drills on it that you can't easily do (rack the slide drills, etc..) with a SIRT pistol but I use the SIRT pistol almost exclusively now as it's just so easy and convenient.

Anyway, hope this helps some.

Thanks Max. That is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. I am thinking about getting the one with the red and red laser. The upgrade, red and green costs an additional $100. Do you think its wort the extra $100 for the green upgrade?

Thanks!
    Eric

41maghunter

Sep 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have used the red and green that a friend of mine has. I found the two different colors make it easier to get instant feedback on point of aim and point of impact.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    I have used the red and green that a friend of mine has. I found the two different colors make it easier to get instant feedback on point of aim and point of impact.

Ahhh, I'll probably kick myself but I ordered the red and red for $100 off. My Christmas shopping has already gotten out of hand so I chickened out on the $100 upgrade. I did buy an extra mag with it though.

Oh, Next Level Training has a discount code, 10-8 that I think is for 15% off.

Thanks again,
    Eric

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    just curious to know if you bought it and what do you think? i too am about to order one and just want some heads-up on what to expect. thanks.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have one and it is an excellent training tool. If A Glock points naturally for you (they do for me) then this is a great training solution. I have the red/green laser option which gives better outdoor and daylight performance.

I would not modify my Glock just for training so this is the better option IMO.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I was going to go in with a couple people and get a SIRT also but a local instructor that has one said he refuses to use it because the lasers will not maintain correct sight alignment, which defeats much of the purpose. He said TI Sim is getting ready to release one and I should wait for that; he talked like TI was aware of that issue and was going to make sure they addressed it in their model. He also suggested I just try an airsoft if I was in a hurry but I have a Glock and Glock is apparently suing anyone that puts out anything Glockish in the airsoft world.

Having said that, I am looking for a good trainer for holster draw practice myself but, short of that chinese(?) Glock airsoft, I don't think I have many options. Any other info? I did see one (SIRT) at the range and it seemed pretty cool; I like the idea. Maybe it's OK for individual use but doesn't stand up to heavy use like in some classes? The guy that owned it liked it.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    I got the SIRT pistol with two red lasers and an extra magazine. I turned off the laser that shines when you have the trigger at its reset position. I turned it off since I was using it as an aiming aid. I can pretty much tell when I release the trigger past its reset between shots. I have not been to the range after dry firing at least 500 shots with my SIRT pistol. It will be interesting to see if it helps with my shooting. I find it is great for draw practice and getting on target, but you don't need to pull the trigger for that. The laser seems to shoot where I am pointing it. It would be nice to get the software that has a shot clock and scores what you shoot. I saw a really neat video of that setup with a Speed Steel course. Would I buy it again, Yes. Do I know if it's helpful, not yet.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    I live near Mt. Airy Maryland. Anyone that wants to shoot my SIRT pistol is more then welcome to come by and try it out. Just send me a PM.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I was going to go in with a couple people and get a SIRT also but a local instructor that has one said he refuses to use it because the lasers will not maintain correct sight alignment, which defeats much of the purpose. He said TI Sim is getting ready to release one and I should wait for that; he talked like TI was aware of that issue and was going to make sure they addressed it in their model. He also suggested I just try an airsoft if I was in a hurry but I have a Glock and Glock is apparently suing anyone that puts out anything Glockish in the airsoft world.

Having said that, I am looking for a good trainer for holster draw practice myself but, short of that chinese(?) Glock airsoft, I don't think I have many options. Any other info? I did see one (SIRT) at the range and it seemed pretty cool; I like the idea. Maybe it's OK for individual use but doesn't stand up to heavy use like in some classes? The guy that owned it liked it.

Wow. I know a bunch of nationally known instructors (Craig Douglas, Steve Fisher, others) who use the SIRT in classes as a regular thing and I've never heard of this issue with maintaining alignment. Several of my friends have them and same thing. Everyone I know who has one loves them.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    thanks and great info. ill be getting the green laser and the red laser training pistols.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

I think I might as well. I talked with another person who has one today and he likes his as well and said he's had no trouble with it. Maybe the one guy is just very rough on his, or he got a lemon, though he claimed it's a known issue. Anyway, for just my use, not for teaching or anything, it will be lgently used and it seems to be the best thing out there...so I think I'll take the chance. Any chance of a group buy here?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I bought one a few weeks back. Loving it.

To get 15% off, type "seeklander", without the quotes,into the coupon code box when you order (thank Mike Seeklander of Shooting-Performance.com for that).

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Of you call them to order it you may get a better price. I did and it knocked a significant amount off, way better than the "instructors" discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom