• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If Northam really is resolved to "remove every "assault weapon" from the state of Virginia"...and keep in mind that just about every detachable magazine fed semi auto will be defined as "assault weapons" Then he isn't going to let some local government yokels stop him....that's where the fuse is lit...Real Virginians are not going to allow him to take their weapons....Virginia is a pretty large state and only a few counties in NOVA And of course Richmond are left wing....Once lit it's not going to end well for those places.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    How do the demoRATS expect the law to be enforced or who will enforce it? I think a lot of VSP troopers, county and local LEO will refuse to enforce the law because they will believe it is unconstitutional and or a lot of good people will not be living if they try to enforce the law. The demoRATS in the house and senate plus the nutty gov have declared war upon the people of VA.

May 13, 2005
    I recommend this for St Mary's county... Given what one of the commissioners they just proposed and failed, this might be a good time to counter-attack when the momentum is good.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    The northern and southern ends of the county would do it. The center is too liberal to even mention it.

Kaffakid

May 14, 2017
    DC
    In case anyone was wondering what Arlington Country says in response to a request to consider a 2A sanctuary resolution.

Dear XXXXXXX,

On behalf of the County Board, I am responding to your request that the Board consider adopting a resolution declaring Arlington a Second Amendment Sanctuary.

My colleagues and I agree that there is no threat to the Second Amendment in the Commonwealth, and no legislation contemplated either by the Virginia General Assembly or the United States Congress that could have the effect of infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms and therefore, no need to consider such a resolution.

In fact, the Board is poised to adopt a 2020 General Assembly Legislative Package this month that includes the following among our legislative priorities:

Gun Safety Measures:

Enact Red Flag, or Extreme Risk Protection Order Laws, creating a legal process for the temporary removal of firearms from individuals deemed to pose an imminent risk of violence to themselves or others

Adopt universal background checks for all gun buyers

Reinstate one-gun-a-month law – limiting handgun purchases to one gun a month

Ban sales of bump stocks, assault weapons, and armor piercing ammunition

Permit local governments to prohibit the possession of firearms on property owned or leased by the locality

We believe the adoption of such measures would reflect the desire of the majority of Arlingtonians, Virginians and Americans to see federal and state government adopt sensible gun safety measures.

Sincerely,

Christian Dorsey, Chair

Arlington County Board

**includes this link - https://arlington.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=3689&meta_id=190319

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    In case anyone was wondering what Arlington Country says in response to a request to consider a 2A sanctuary resolution.

Dear XXXXXXX,

On behalf of the County Board, I am responding to your request that the Board consider adopting a resolution declaring Arlington a Second Amendment Sanctuary.

My colleagues and I agree that there is no threat to the Second Amendment in the Commonwealth, and no legislation contemplated either by the Virginia General Assembly or the United States Congress that could have the effect of infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms and therefore, no need to consider such a resolution.

In fact, the Board is poised to adopt a 2020 General Assembly Legislative Package this month that includes the following among our legislative priorities:

Gun Safety Measures:

Enact Red Flag, or Extreme Risk Protection Order Laws, creating a legal process for the temporary removal of firearms from individuals deemed to pose an imminent risk of violence to themselves or others

Permit local governments to prohibit the possession of firearms on property owned or leased by the locality

We believe the adoption of such measures would reflect the desire of the majority of Arlingtonians, Virginians and Americans to see federal and state government adopt sensible gun safety measures.

Sincerely,

Christian Dorsey, Chair

Arlington County Board

**includes this link - https://arlington.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=3689&meta_id=190319
    Wow. What a mess.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017

Dear XXXXXXX,

Gun Safety Measures:

Sincerely,

Christian Dorsey, Chair

Arlington County Board

Thank you, sir. May I have another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom