• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMegaSquirt

Feb 2, 2019
    Hey everyone,

New to the forum and had a few questions hopefully you guys can help me out with. I have been looking into building a Cetme Model C from a parts kit. I bought my flat and weldment kit and built my own jig to bend the flat. I am a welder and made my own jig fairly easily and far cheaper then an online bought one. Anyways my question is about the Flat. I bought it from HKParts and it is branded PTR industries on the magwell. Will this be a problem being similar rifles such as the PTR91 are banned in MD or can I go ahead and use this flat to build a Model C and be ok?

Sorry If this is a repeated post. All of the threads that I came up with on a google search were years old. just wanted to try to be on the safe side!

Thanks in advance!

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    You are going to get a bunch of yes or no answers. The Cetme C has a different cocking tube and bolt carrier than the PTR91 so it meets the non interchangeable parts making it legal in my eyes. Others here will definitely disagree.

You can get a C308 from FFLs which is a C variant

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Flats are the same between the HK and Cetme. The other parts are what makes it different. HK parts won't fit once you weld it up w/ the Cetme bits.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Flats are the same between the HK and Cetme. The other parts are what makes it different. HK parts won't fit once you weld it up w/ the Cetme bits.

Very true.

I was pretty sure the CETME C has already been ruled different from the HK91 and MD legal. Has something changed there?

Is it marked PTR91? Or just PTR? I would weld up anything about 91 or remark it.

Since its a Flat, no HK rear sight mounting hardware has been installed. I would make sure you don't put a HK style sight on the back. Otherwise the receiver itself might be considered an HK 91 receiver before its a CETME receiver.

IMegaSquirt

Feb 2, 2019
    The flat just says PTR not PTR91. I would have actually preferred that it not be branded anything at all but I guess it is what it is. I will be using the original 4 way adjust flip sytle Cetme rear sight.

My main concern was that since it is a build and will not say or have any cetme markings on it at all other then the "PTR" on the magwell could they jump to conclusions and think its a ptr91 instead of a cetme?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The flat just says PTR not PTR91. I would have actually preferred that it not be branded anything at all but I guess it is what it is. I will be using the original 4 way adjust flip sytle Cetme rear sight.

My main concern was that since it is a build and will not say or have any cetme markings on it at all other then the "PTR" on the magwell could they jump to conclusions and think its a ptr91 instead of a cetme?

This is Maryland. They can think anything and act accordingly. I'm not saying you will have any trouble, but in this state, I would NEVER rule anything out.

Good Luck!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    FWIW, a PTR32 is built on the same receiver. It has a magwell insert welded in for the AK mags. I don't think you will have any problems just because its a PTR branded receiver. Plus, since its just a flat you could weld over/fill the PTR logo. You'd have to keep any manufacturer info & serial if it was already folded and sold as a receiver by them but you can do anything you want to a flat that you manufacture into a firearm. I got rid of the LSC logo on some of my other HK flats I bent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom