• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Are the Yugo ak's really the best AK under 600.00? And which variant, i really liked the wood i saw on a NPAP today, Seemed like a nicer commercial wood. Just sold a SLR-95 because i didnt like the milled receiver. So now i'm looking at AK's around 600.00

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Are the Yugo ak's really the best AK under 600.00? And which variant, i really liked the wood i saw on a NPAP today, Seemed like a nicer commercial wood. Just sold a SLR-95 because i didnt like the milled receiver. So now i'm looking at AK's around 600.00

well I am guessing you are in a free state? if so a few options for you
    A krink-M92 conversion CNC warrior has them for cheap
    N-pap underfolder- classic and right around 550
    O-pap as close to a millspec as you can get but getting hard to find 600
    M91 that should be coming out in a few months a yugo version of a Dragonov that is what im saving for

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    well I am guessing you are in a free state? if so a few options for you
    A krink-M92 conversion CNC warrior has them for cheap
    N-pap underfolder- classic and right around 550
    O-pap as close to a millspec as you can get but getting hard to find 600
    M91 that should be coming out in a few months a yugo version of a Dragonov that is what im saving for

Already have a CNC Warrior carbine conversion, Posted a thread with pics.
    I'm considering buying another one while they're cheap (M92) not the carbine, And converting it to a underfolder with fake can, so it'll be a true m92. Otherwise i'm not a huge fan of underfolders. I do like the Idea of the M91, but i kinda want another AK, either fullsize or PAP pistol carbine, since the velocity loss is minimal over a 16" barrel.

Is there a pic of the stock attachment on that rifle you posted?

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    The O-PAP is as close to a M70 as you can legally get these days. I hand picked all of mine, every bit as nice as an Arsenal with a better looking finish for less $$

Stock up now

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Stop teasing us marylanders!
    but seriously..
    if u get an underfolder I would make sure not the get the m70ab2t.. and to make sure its an m70ab2

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    The O-PAP is as close to a M70 as you can legally get these days. I hand picked all of mine, every bit as nice as an Arsenal with a better looking finish for less $$

Stock up now

I'm just tempted to keep stocking up on the M92 pistols.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a Century M70 I bought around 05, definitely feels solid compared to other AKs under the price, at the time it was about $350 or so. Shoots well, but standard AK furniture doesn't fit, the stock comb was way too high, had to shave it down for the open sights, but would probably sit right for an optic. If I were in the market today, I would probably opt for the cheap VZ2008s popping up(I know it isn't an AK), got to shoot one, and liked it, trigger was heavy but way shorter pull than an AK, and easy to lighten up.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Nice... And can we Marylanders buy one?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

You should be able to

Its not an Ak-47 copy (major pieces will NOT interchange)

Its in a large calibre

I am in the process of digging around more information, when I get it from Zastava I will post all of it so Marylanders can argue their case to FFL's or MSP etc

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    They'll tell you to talk to their main importer, Century arms. Atleast thats the response i got, Century said beginning of this year.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You should be able to

Its not an Ak-47 copy (major pieces will NOT interchange)

Its in a large calibre

I am in the process of digging around more information, when I get it from Zastava I will post all of it so Marylanders can argue their case to FFL's or MSP etc

Then wouldn't PSLs still be legal?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    N-PAP corrected the feed ramp issue, and the O-PAP came with a double stack bolt. Pay the extra money and get the O-PAP. It's a much better weapon. But, remember, Yugo's do NOT have chrome lined barrels.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    N-PAP corrected the feed ramp issue, and the O-PAP came with a double stack bolt. Pay the extra money and get the O-PAP. It's a much better weapon. But, remember, Yugo's do NOT have chrome lined barrels.

Correction. 7.62 yugo's do not have chrome lined barrels.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    And I think some npaps have dstack bolts put in.. I dont k ow whether its later batches or just people getting them after they bought it new

edit... but it doesnt matter..Maybe because you should probably get an opap over npap

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom