• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    I’ll be waiting forever but app didn’t get denied yet..I don’t think anyone is waiting long as I am applied 7/14 been pending since 8/4

Attachments

• 4422D8CC-634A-44B3-A78E-BC75A14937F2.png
      4422D8CC-634A-44B3-A78E-BC75A14937F2.png
      48.4 KB · Views: 140
    Last edited:

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    When I checked yesterday no, but it was early when I checked. I would expect you to see something Thursday in my opinion.
    I hope so. It's really annoying knowing soon as it hits imma go the gun shop and fill out a 77R and then wait 7 more days for the exact same check I've been waiting 20 days for. If you have to jump through the hoops for a HQL then it should be cash and carry. I can't imagine 1 crime has ever been prevented by having someone waiting 7 days for a gun.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Noslotj

Aug 14, 2022
    MARYLAND
    I hope so. It's really annoying knowing soon as it hits imma go the gun shop and fill out a 77R and then wait 7 more days for the exact same check I've been waiting 20 days for. If you have to jump through the hoops for a HQL then it should be cash and carry. I can't imagine 1 crime has ever been prevented by having someone waiting 7 days for a gun.

I get it however, it's the process unfortunately. It could be the opposite and be denied. I'm always a glass half full guy. Once it's hear for u, it won't matter as much. Trust the Process.. Your time should be Thursday/Friday.

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    I get it however, it's the process unfortunately. It could be the opposite and be denied. I'm always a glass half full guy. Once it's hear for u, it won't matter as much. Trust the Process.. Your time should be Thursday/Friday.
    Thanks. I usually am too but it's nice to vent ya know. It's really my own fault. I refused to get it figuring I'd move outta MD before wantingto buy another gun. Never thought I'd see MD shall issue. Just another decision of mine that came back to bite me in the a$$. Lol

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    Yup. Just a letter.
    Take a photo, save it to your phone, put the number in your smartphone notes.
    Excellent advice. I put everything in my phones notes. It's secure and automatically backs to the cloud so if something happens to my phone it's accessible

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Three weeks exactly now I have to finish waiting for the CZ 75B I both and 30 days after that for the Blackhawk in 357 I bought.

Once you have your first "Not Disapproved" email and pick up the first regulated firearm, file this and POOF- no more need to wait 30 days between purchases.

Many FFL's will notarize the letter for you.

(Hints-
    Tracking # at the top- leave blank.
    Nature of collecting activities can be ... Collecting.
    If practical, save a stamp and drop the letter in an envelope directly at the door at MSP LD)

Attachments

• Maryland State Police Collector Application Affidavit.pdf
      377.4 KB · Views: 104

Noslotj

Aug 14, 2022
    MARYLAND
    Thanks. I usually am too but it's nice to vent ya know. It's really my own fault. I refused to get it figuring I'd move outta MD before wantingto buy another gun. Never thought I'd see MD shall issue. Just another decision of mine that came back to bite me in the a$$. Lol

All good. Looking forward to seeing your approval this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom