• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Liberal heads. When they realized that next friday afternoon, chief Justice Roberts will administer the oath of office for associate justice Brett Kavanaugh.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I heard a fast mover flying over Lewes yesterday (~3pm). No booms though. There were a few Blackhawks in the distance flying N to NJ.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Tuesday the HMS Queen Elizabeth began embarking its complement of F35's for the first time. I had read an article about it being in port in Florida a week or so ago... i just googled and found the F35's are coming onboard from Pax River this week.

The first fixed-wing aircraft to land on HMS Queen Elizabeth will be from the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Integrated Test Force (ITF) based at the US Navy’s Paxutent River flight test centre in Maryland.
    https://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/first-trials-of-f-35-aboard-hms-queen-elizabeth-begin-this-autumn/

Obviously that doesn't mean the boom came from one of her F35's, but I would expect a lot of military flights off the MD coast while she's there. Her pilots will be doing trials & testing and there will doubtless be a lot of our aircraft doing joint ops and playing adversary games; practice intercepts and such.

The flying operations mark the start of more than 500 take-offs and landings set to take place from the warship over the next 11 weeks.
    The jets will be put through their paces over the coming weeks in a range of sea and weather conditions. Having then completed the trials, which are taking place off the east coast of the United States, the giant aircraft carrier is expected to visit New York.
    https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-a...s/2018/september/28/180928-first-deck-landing

More info:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HMSQnlz

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engl...en-elizabeth-fighter-jets-land-for-first-time

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I seen what appeared to be a blue jet aircraft come down the beach the other day at 124th. Pretty peculiar ceiling for a late Wednesday morning and it was only a single plane. I understand south west of where I'm at towards Cambridge a more significant effect.
    I know every so often something will go down in the refuge that they have to retrieve. Last known to me was one of those vtols when they were all over the place early on or a drone or two.

One thing for sure, if it was a sonic boom and one or more of the those guys are coming for you, you better be able to dig deep and real quick.
    They should do this more often just to keep people on their toes. Everybody is calling one another and asking WTF was that?

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    On Friday, September 28 at about 3:00 PM residents from Delmar, DE to Cambridge, MD called local authorities to report hearing a loud sound and an explosion or “sonic boom” shaking the ground, and in some cases even their homes.

According to Patrick Gordon, the Public Information Officer for the Naval Air Station (NAS) – Patuxent River, the origin of the loud noise and moving earth was a few F-16’s from the Department of Defense utilizing the Patuxent River air space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom