• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    What are your thoughts on the Troy Gas block, And what do you charge to install one on a barrel, I'm going to build a .50 Beowulf, and the barrel doesnt have a gas block available for it. I want to do a Rail over the gas block style setup also. Can you open up the ejection port while retaining use of the dust cover?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I can open up Ejection Ports in the Mill but only slightly, if you want the dust cover to actually block dust, it will still lock close when I mill it more forward but the dust cober wont cover the mill work.

I can install a Troy Gas Block but I only stand behind them if I pin them. Theres not enough meat to reliably pin a Troy. I prefer the vltor so I can pin them.

The ramps also need work on the Beuwolf, and overall I hate the caliber but if you provide sufficient test ammo I can make the gun reliable.

Its not cheap though.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Lord Chad Sir,

If I want to build an ar in a big stupid cal. say as a hog gun. What would you recomand? Not that I do not love my Vera and all of the fine love you are giving her but some thing with a larger bore then my beloved .260

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Lord Chad Sir,

If I want to build an ar in a big stupid cal. say as a hog gun. What would you recomand? Not that I do not love my Vera and all of the fine love you are giving her but some thing with a larger bore then my beloved .260

.300 blk or 308. no fu-fu calibers for me.

I would get a seperate .308 upper for your gun and save lots o money by sharing one lower.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    .300 blk or 308. no fu-fu calibers for me.

I would get a seperate .308 upper for your gun and save lots o money by sharing one lower.

I just want it to put big holes in things. The Vltor can be pinned though? I'll have to look into it.

Vltor doesnt make a .825 gas block that i see.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I just want it to put big holes in things. The Vltor can be pinned though? I'll have to look into it.

Vltor doesnt make a .825 gas block that i see.

Looks like troy is the only option then due to the large diameter. I can always blind pin the Gas Block

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Looks like troy is the only option then due to the large diameter. I can always blind pin the Gas Block

I'm sorry, it uses a .875 gas block. Pri seems to make one with enough meat on it to be pinned.

PRI936.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom