Super Steel (Peacemaker) - distances to targets?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    My only exposure has been a recent view of some videos. It appears that many but not all targets are within 25 yards, but a few seem out there a bit, perhaps 35 yards. There is a super steel match at Peacemaker this weekend, I'm curious if anyone has been to there matches and has some insight...
    Thanks.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i've never measured but lots of folks knock down all the targets with regular fiber optic front sights and heck even night sights. not everyone does though. with a red dot (non-magnified) most if not everyone knocks everything down. steel is all about trigger control-take up the trigger slack and break the shot, two distinct steps. yanking on the trigger will cost a bunch of ammo.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    i've never measured but lots of folks knock down all the targets with regular fiber optic front sights and heck even night sights. not everyone does though. with a red dot (non-magnified) most if not everyone knocks everything down. steel is all about trigger control-take up the trigger slack and break the shot, two distinct steps. yanking on the trigger will cost a bunch of ammo.

Ok, I'll just zero to 25yds and go from there.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Was sick all this last weekend thru now with a bad cold. I was planning to sign up since my PCCO was back together and shot the SC match in PA, but it all depends on how I feel later in the week.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My only exposure has been a recent view of some videos. It appears that many but not all targets are within 25 yards, but a few seem out there a bit, perhaps 35 yards. There is a super steel match at Peacemaker this weekend, I'm curious if anyone has been to there matches and has some insight...
    Thanks.
    At one of the first SS matches I shot and cleaned the entire array of plates from the initial box in the baseball diamond stage. That meant some targets were 50y away. I did it not to game the stage but to make up for my bad knees that cost me too much movement time. After that they changed the rules so you had to shoot from at least 2 shooting boxes.
    As I like to quote, no good deed goes unpunished.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    At one of the first SS matches I shot and cleaned the entire array of plates from the initial box in the baseball diamond stage. That meant some targets were 50y away. I did it not to game the stage but to make up for my bad knees that cost me too much movement time.

what a friggin gamer!!! j/k, hope you feel better and can make SS this weekend!

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    At one of the first SS matches I shot and cleaned the entire array of plates from the initial box in the baseball diamond stage. That meant some targets were 50y away. I did it not to game the stage but to make up for my bad knees that cost me too much movement time. After that they changed the rules so you had to shoot from at least 2 shooting boxes.
    As I like to quote, no good deed goes unpunished.

I'll need to do a couple of these things with different red dots to get a feel. I have the old and new Vortex Strikefire, a c-more railway tactical and just picked up the new Nikon Blackforce 1000 (sounds so ninja) 1-4x comp red dot.

Jimbobborg, hope you can make it (my wife had a bad summer cold all last week). One of these days we'll all have faces to go with the names...

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    My brand new Colt 6951 9mm didn't last more than two magazines today before the bolt catch jammed up. Heavy oil helped but it was just way too locked up. Called Colt, going back to remedy. But after coming back home and starting to bitch about it, my wife reminded me of a bday party i had conveniently forgot about Saturday. So i am out. Oh, my old junker 1995 Colt 6450. Shot 100 rds flawlessly with Colt and Metalform magazines...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    OK feeling better so I signed up for both AM and PM squads for this Saturday. Going to do PCC in AM and Open in PM. At least that is the plan now but might switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom