• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I might be a bit naive in my thinking here, but considering the left is moving hard to remove all wrongs created due Jim Crow era laws and culture, this might be the time to strike in regards to Maryland's gun laws, more specifically the permitting scheme. I have searched here and found a few threads (referenced below), but this seems very relevant now.

It would seem that with a proper targeted campaign by all of the interested parties might just well be able to use the current SJW fury to our advantage. I am sure that most of the general public is blissfully unaware of the history of gun control laws in Maryland. If there were a hard push to the public that the permitting scheme, handgun roster, and others are historically based on Jim Crow laws, specifically designed to keep freed slaves and blacks from keeping firearms, we might just be able to use this current crisis to our advantage for a change. This may be part of the Patriot Picket that is rubbing off on me, but this time just seems right to force a change for our side. After all, never let a good crisis go to waste, right? I think it's going to be real hard for our representatives to argue with laws that were written for a very specific reason. Constant public pressure might actually stand a chance at forcing a change. I know the left loves gun control, but this might just be the one thing they can't reconcile with. If you support the current system, you support Jim Crow. Wishful thinking right? It's just so crazy it might just work.

I have found just on a cursory search a number of references to this topic including one that has been mentioned on this forum before and, at least with the Henry Heymering write-up, goes back to the year 1642. The 1857 entry is a bit intriguing considering Hogan's recent statue removal on the Taney statue?!? It does include some references to Maryland Archives and I will admit I don't know the context in which they were written, but on the surface seem to be valid. I would not really even know where to start to verify the information, but since most people don't delve to far below the surface, the references might be sufficient and not require further validation. I didn't see any evidence that any of this has been debunked, but perhaps didn't look in the right places.

I am not the most vocal person and lack any real social media following, and I am sure that is valid for a large number of us. We are large and diverse community and there is some power in numbers. I know this won't mean as much coming from "our side", but if there is a way to start pushing the idea to "their side", it might gain more traction. I truly don't know what kind of pressure to apply and where, but this just seems to me to be the best time to try and make something positive happen. Whether that be email, mailed letters, web page, Facebook ads, or something else.

***As I was driving home from work rethinking all this I wondered what can go wrong. If this push were to happen, how could this go wrong? How could it get worse? If it does get worse, is that good or bad for us in the long run? ***

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=206481
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=142427
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=118631

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html
    https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2015/3/11/jim-crow-and-the-racist-roots-of-gun-control/
    http://www.neverbluefarm.com/articles/MD Carry Laws.pdf
    http://www.constitution.org/cmt/cramer/racist_roots.htm

Thoughts? Good or bad or other? Has this been tried?

Mark

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Amazon has a book about the racial roots of gun control. Haven't read it:

Gun Control and Black Powerlessness: The Racist Origins, and Legacy of Firearms Legislation Kindle Edition
    by Mikhah Ben David (New Dawn Publications, April, 2012)

"Following the widely publicized 2012 shooting of the unarmed youth Trayvon Martin, many opportunistic politicians and anti-gun-rights activists took it upon themselves to blame Florida gun laws, Concealed Carry permits and so on for the death of this young man. These opportunists, however, have ignored the fact that gun-control legislation has historically emerged to disempower black communities, when they were perceived as a threat. The historical record provides irrefutable evidence that racism, overtly and covertly, underlies Gun Control laws. The history of Gun Control in America contains an ugly, often unknown component of discrimination, particularly against black people. Throughout the bulk of American history, Gun Control has been openly stated as a method for keeping black people “in their place,” and to quiet the fears of whites. This work will provide a summary of the historical interweaving and inseparable relationship of Gun Control with American Racism."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    A few random thoughts that might help with steering:
    • The Alt-Left has recently been arming up.
    • BLM franchises in free states have also been arming.
    • Can someone unknown to the above plant "Info Seeds" in places like "It's Going Down"?
    Just free associating.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The idea did seep into the recent Baltimore City Council debate over Baltimore's new gun carry restriction law, but the law passed anyway. The masses are still afraid to question authority.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thanks Jim ...

Amazon has a book about the racial roots of gun control. Haven't read it:

Gun Control and Black Powerlessness: The Racist Origins, and Legacy of Firearms Legislation Kindle Edition
    by Mikhah Ben David (New Dawn Publications, April, 2012)

"Following the widely publicized 2012 shooting of the unarmed youth Trayvon Martin, many opportunistic politicians and anti-gun-rights activists took it upon themselves to blame Florida gun laws, Concealed Carry permits and so on for the death of this young man. These opportunists, however, have ignored the fact that gun-control legislation has historically emerged to disempower black communities, when they were perceived as a threat. The historical record provides irrefutable evidence that racism, overtly and covertly, underlies Gun Control laws. The history of Gun Control in America contains an ugly, often unknown component of discrimination, particularly against black people. Throughout the bulk of American history, Gun Control has been openly stated as a method for keeping black people “in their place,” and to quiet the fears of whites. This work will provide a summary of the historical interweaving and inseparable relationship of Gun Control with American Racism."

Adding it to my reading list ...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Of course, everybody needs to read former MD AG Joseph Curran Jr.'s speeches and writings about gun control and blueprint to phase out guns, which affects blacks, poor, and women disproportionately.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Can you smell what the Grutz is cookin'?

I can, and I like it. Nice goin' Mark.

Right, now what's the best way to shame them all for supporting overtly racist laws/policies? How to get the liberals to take the bait and blame the Republicans? The more they hate us the more the D's are pressured to "do something" about it, right a wrong so to speak.

Mark

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Kenn Blanchard is a very good friend of mine and IIRC at one point was a member here. He got me started in this 2A fight some 14 years ago

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Kenn Blanchard is a very good friend of mine and IIRC at one point was a member here. He got me started in this 2A fight some 14 years ago

Kenn is a good man. I first met him at SAF's GRPC in 2012. He has spoken at MSI meetings and is a 2A fixture on Facebook.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I am sure that most of the general public is blissfully unaware of the history of gun control laws in Maryland. If there were a hard push to the public that the permitting scheme, handgun roster, and others are historically based on Jim Crow laws, specifically designed to keep freed slaves and blacks from keeping firearms, we might just be able to use this current crisis to our advantage for a change....
    Mark

Early attempts at gun control, may have been sparked by Jim Crow, but modern gun control—since 1968—has its roots in Nazi Germany. As the JPFO and others've [correctly] indicated, the authors of some of our most unconstitutional (i.e., infringing) gun control laws literally plagiarized bits of pre-war Nazi gun control laws; and it's those laws that're being used to harass and cripple the civil rights of un-hyphenated American citizens today. And I think that, alone, says all you need to know about who you're dealing with and the mindset you're up against. Wanna know more, read Stephen Holbrook's Gun Control in the Third Reich.

And in case you missed the post last year, watch this...

Boiling frogs..

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Of course, everybody needs to read former MD AG Joseph Curran Jr.'s speeches and writings about gun control and blueprint to phase out guns, which affects blacks, poor, and women disproportionately.

I think that would be the most fertile ground to cover, since it's recent and directly relatable to the current laws. I also think a search of Bloomberg's anti-gun organizations' writings would bear fruit as well.

UPDATE: And also locate and exploit the WUSA News segment about Black folk in DC carrying illegally for self defense in defiance of the law. I'm sure there must be some similar clips for Maryland residents.

Perhaps EL can lend his talents for a YT propaganda piece or two once the raw footage is assembled. For September and late January release?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Early attempts at gun control, may have been sparked by Jim Crow, but modern gun control—since 1968—has its roots in Nazi Germany. As the JPFO and others've [correctly] indicated, the authors of some of our most unconstitutional (i.e., infringing) gun control laws literally plagiarized bits of pre-war Nazi gun control laws; and it's those laws that're being used to harass and cripple the civil rights of un-hyphenated American citizens today. And I think that, alone, says all you need to know about who you're dealing with and the mindset you're up against. Wanna know more, read Stephen Holbrook's Gun Control in the Third Reich.

And in case you missed the post last year, watch this...

Boiling frogs..

Excellent point, Fred. Especially with the media focus on Nazis.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I think that would be the most fertile ground to cover, since it's recent and directly relatable to the current laws. I also think a search of Bloomberg's anti-gun organizations' writings would bear fruit as well.

UPDATE: And also locate and exploit the WUSA News segment about Black folk in DC carrying illegally for self defense in defiance of the law. I'm sure there must be some similar clips for Maryland residents.

Perhaps EL can lend his talents for a YT propaganda piece or two once the raw footage is assembled. For September and late January release?

MD Att'y Gen. J. Joseph Curran, Jr.; article and speech. "A Farewell to Arms" (1999), and "Guns as a Consumer Product; New Public Health and Legal Strategies to Reduce Gun Violence" (2000). (n.b., he's also O'Malley's father-in-law)

Attachments

• A Farewell to Arms - Curran, J. Joseph Jr.. 1999.pdf
      625.4 KB · Views: 164
    • Speech by Maryland Attorney General J. Joseph Curran Jr..pdf
      447.2 KB · Views: 206

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009

I know a White South African guy. He noted that they were effective at prohibiting Blacks from owning Firearms. He left when Apartheid ended, but takes folks on hunting trips for a fee to South Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom