• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    My kid just told me he witnessed a half ton state vehicle about an hour ago operating in reverse without an occupant go across the highway in reverse with the driver chasing it. It came to rest against a tree after crossing 50 at the bottom of the ditch. Nice. Be safe driving, lucky no one was hurt,

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I've never seen anyone who works for the state roads run.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    He might have come across by the Rofo right by the split. The kid said he was about 25 yds off. I just told him shut up and drive talk about it later.
    You know you tell your kids to be safe all the time and unfortunately it seems as if they have to see some things for them self and even then you wonder if they listen. I call him a kid but DBD is a Marine and I seen him in the driveway and we didn't speak as he left. Soon as I got the call I knew something was up.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just be thankful, you didn't get a call about that truck hitting your son's vehicle.

3 of my kids were in a car travelling north on 95 to visit my oldest son. They were delayed a few minutes by some silly situation at home. The wife and I left in my truck and all was well. We get a call and they witnessed a deadly accident on 95. It was right in front of them but behind us.

It could have easily been them if they had just left when they had planned. Just that 2 minute delay. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Feb 28, 2013
    My kid just told me he witnessed a half ton state vehicle about an hour ago operating in reverse without an occupant go across the highway in reverse with the driver chasing it. It came to rest against a tree after crossing 50 at the bottom of the ditch. Nice. Be safe driving, lucky no one was hurt,

The driver musta been standin' thar with his thumb up his ass "supervisin" it. :rolleyes:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I seen one go forward, a one ton auto Chevy in the snow when we were doing a trouble job. The driver pulled up to the back of the bucket when we were talking about switching for the lights, the driver got out and left it in gear and after about three minutes it rolled forward and almost got all of us. It wasn't all out of the way but close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom