• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Here's the artwork I made right after the election. Wonder if he would have gotten 100% for this ?

Attachments

• tinman.jpg
      tinman.jpg
      75.7 KB · Views: 174

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    True, there is more than one way to interpret something like this. However, I would far rather they teach the kids to actual words and meaning of our founding documents as well as the legal procedures our government entities are supposed to be following rather than drawing political cartoons.

As parents we saw far too many "poster" and other artsy assignments being assigned to our kids in what should have been academic classes. This is how they are dumbing down classes in order to ensure most kids pass.

They do. Many 5th grade teachers have the kids engage in something called "simulated congressional hearings". Basically, they go through the motion of speaking a a hearing to congress. They have adult judges come in to the school to serve as congress critters and ask them questions about the constitution and our system of government. Working in teams as a panel, the kids form an opinion and justify it using what they've learned in the past couple weeks.

It's pretty interesting to watch and is taught in a pretty even manner.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    In my opinion, the assignment was likely inappropriate for that age range. Its very likely a kid of that age would be influenced, even subconsciously, by the teachers leanings, and thus draw something with that leaning.

I'd think it would be fine for high schoolers, or even middle schoolers in a carefully designed course. At that point they are of an age to be making considered choices, and in fact SHOULD be making those choices, as they are nearing voting eligibility.

That said, given what little the article says about the assignment, I'd say the kids work likely deserves 100%. For a 6th grader is recognizable, well drawn, and certainly political.

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    You know, take the caption away and you have a more accurate assessment of the current situation. Many of the republicans are dumping on the President and most of the rest are sitting around with their thumb inserted were it does not belong.

Yes, I know there are a few who are fighting hard and are backing the president but they need a whole lot more help from the rest of 'em. It's not what the kid (teacher?) meant, but it's not far from the truth (sans caption)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom