• ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Glock is always too little too late.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    It’s a different class than the Mk IV. The Glock 44 will give Glock shooters the same grip, trigger, magazine release, sights, slide stop/release feel that the Mk IV can’t. I bought an Advantage Arms conversion kit vs a Ruger, Browning, or anything else just because of that.

...and those conversion kits already exist for glocks...keeping the same ergos, for cheaper, no FFL, no roster, and probably more rounds. This is the most useless glock model yet.

Glock hasn't innovated anything since the 80's.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    ...and those conversion kits already exist for glocks...keeping the same ergos, for cheaper, no FFL, no roster, and probably more rounds. This is the most useless glock model yet.

I tried 2 different conversions for my Glock and both were $hit.

My Tactical Solutions sat in my safe for a couple years after 2 trips back to them to try to get it right. I never sold it cause I wouldn't have passed that steaming pile of crap off to anyone else. Finally, I thought the 3rd time would be a charm and sent it out again. This time they got it right. If you use a certain type of ammo, it works probably 95% of the time.

Advantage Arms was better, but not by a whole lot.

If Glock can come up with a .22 that works with a wide variety of ammo, it'll be great for them.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

The conversion kits are around $300 or more. I bought mine last year on a Black Friday sale for slightly less. I still believe it was worth the cost, but it was very ammo picky until I put about 2,000 rounds through it. Now it will function about 90-95% with several different varieties of high velocity ammo that I’ve tried(Federal bulk, Winchester, CCI). If the Glock 44 will do it more reliably with a larger variety of ammo, I’m all for it. I won’t sell my conversion kit, but I’ll send buy one or three of the G44s.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth

My Tactical Solutions sat in my safe for a couple years after 2 trips back to them to try to get it right. I never sold it cause I wouldn't have passed that steaming pile of crap off to anyone else. Finally, I thought the 3rd time would be a charm and sent it out again. This time they got it right. If you use a certain type of ammo, it works probably 95% of the time.

If Glock can come up with a .22 that works with a wide variety of ammo, it'll be great for them.

I’ve had my Advantage Arms conversion kit for my G17 for just over a year. At first it would only function reliably with the recommended Remington Golden bullets or CCI mini mags. After about 2,000 rounds through it, it will function between 90-95% with bulk high velocity ammo from various manufacturers. It has around 4,000 rounds through it now and it’s a joy to shoot. I just need to get some 15 and 25 round mags for it.
    But I’m still onboard for a Glock 44 or three ;)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I’ve had my Advantage Arms conversion kit for my G17 for just over a year. At first it would only function reliably with the recommended Remington Golden bullets or CCI mini mags. After about 2,000 rounds through it, it will function between 90-95% with bulk high velocity ammo from various manufacturers. It has around 4,000 rounds through it now and it’s a joy to shoot. I just need to get some 15 and 25 round mags for it.
    But I’m still onboard for a Glock 44 or three ;)

I'll admit that I didn't keep the Advantage Arms for long enough to get it to that point. A friend wanted it so I sold it to him, maybe he knew that if he put enough ammo through it, it would become better. Anyhoo, he knew I wasn't happy with it and why I wasn't, when he bought it.

I thought the Tac Sol was going to be a winner. I will give them credit though, each time I called them, they sent me a label to send it to them with no hassle. I have enjoyed it after the 3rd trip back for tweaking.

But, I'm with you. If Glock can make a reliable one out of the box across a wide range of ammo, I'll grab at least one.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm shaking my head here...any .22 has to be fed decent ammo if you want good results.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'm shaking my head here...any .22 has to be fed decent ammo if you want good results.

When you feed a gun the exact ammo that is recommended to be used by the manufacturer and the gun still fails 90% of the time, there is a problem.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    When you feed a gun the exact ammo that is recommended to be used by the manufacturer and the gun still fails 90% of the time, there is a problem.

My conversion kit functions 100% with the recommended ammo (save for the occasional dead primer I’ve encountered in 22LR throughout my whole life). So technically I guess it’s not 100% and no gun/ammo is bc at some point they all have a hiccup. The bulk ammo that’s not on the list functions in the 90-95% range and almost all malfunctions are stove pipes or double feeds. It makes for good malfunction training lol. Until I owned the conversion kit, I never realized the differences in rim thickness on various 22LR ammo. According to some research I’ve done, that, along with inconsistent powder charges is what causes the malfunctions in the conversion kits.
    I’m anxious to put a G44 to the test thought.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    All of the conversion kits that I own (1911, Glock, BHP) are always kind of on the edge of functioning, between so-so mags and lower-powered bulk 22lr. I compensate by running Mini-Mags and lubing the hell out of them, but realistically, they only come out to play as a 22lr suppressor host anyways. Glock probably had the right idea by making their slides majority polymer, so that it would be easier to cycle. If I were going to buy a dedicated 22lr at this juncture, it would be integrally suppressed... if Ruger made a 22/45 Tactical with integral suppressor, I'd be all over that.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

My Advantage Arms kit got used one and done. I couldn't hit crap with it. So sad, was hoping for something better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom