Cecil County
    Freedom Munitions
    SGammo

My go to online sites.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Buy wherever you get the most ammo for your buck. I don't buy online. Prefer to see what I am getting, case and quality wise.

My three best sources and not in order:

1. Tyler Firearms, Halethorpe, MD--off the shelf or from consigned ammo...my go to FFL for the past 3 years.
    2. FTF from friends or associates at Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore.
    3. From a Pittsburgh FFL who frequents the local Silverado shows; these guys will work with you.

I've gotten thousands of rounds from these sources and wasn't even looking to buy when I stumbled across their merchandise. Be patient and buy in bulk when you see a good deal. Stay current with the market and you won't get burned on prices. You will not lose on ammo if you purchase wisely.

Don't be shy about using free sites to solicit for what you need: CMP forums for members and a free CMP service; MD Shooters forum(s).

I "fish" for rifle buyers, for example, wherever I can, and MDS and CMP have been good to me.

Lew--Ranger63

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    academy.com

free shipping over 25 dollars.

I buy from them over cabelas or sg ammo because of the shipping. they almost always beat them based off of factoring in shipping cost if not ordering a boat load of ammo.

smsgtmike

Aug 22, 2017
    I have ordered many times from the internet. The prices, even with shipping are lower than local stores IF you buy 500 or more rounds at a time. I order my big bore ammo 1,000 rounds at a time and my small bore, at least 1,000 at a time. It's O.K.to ship to your house. Most, if not all have insurance for your orders is a small amount. (Mine averages about $2.50 a shipment) I've always chosen to insure my packages. If you don't. once the package leaves the warehouse, it is no longer the sellers responsibility.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If you live in Annapolis or Montgomery County, don't bother ordering ammunition from Palmetto State Armory. They will not honor the order, despite its being perfectly legal.

Apart from that, no worries. Buy it cheap, stack it deep.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Ammo jon, a vendor on this site has offered better prices than some of the least expensice internet sites. He has been able to get less popular calibers in national brands on request. And has had the more popular calibers.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've always chosen to insure my packages. If you don't. once the package leaves the warehouse, it is no longer the sellers responsibility.

That's generally NOT the case. The seller has hired a carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc) to complete the delivery on their behalf. The seller can wash their hands of the obligation of delivering the goods once the carrier they hired can show they've properly taken care of that delivery. If the vendor can't complete your order (directly, or in concert with a hired carrier), then they still owe you a shipment. THEY are the ones that need to consider whether or not to buy insurance, or risk having to fund the replacement shipment without making a claim against the carrier.

If you've got a vendor that EXPLICITLY tells you the shipment is FOB origin (not destination), then the circumstances may be different. But even then, that's usually about whether or not the deal includes the cost of the shipping, not whether or not it includes actually completing a shipment.

If a vendor fails to deliver your goods, and gives you a hard time about it, you call your credit card issuing bank and have them perform a charge-back. They take the money back away from the vendor, because the vendor hasn't lived up to their end of the deal.

Yes, this gets more complicated when the carrier says they've put the box on your front porch and you say they didn't (or it was stolen, etc). Which is why many vendors insist on a "signature required" shipment, eliminating any doubt on that front ... because if there IS doubt, it's on them, and between them and the carrier. Not between you and the carrier.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    AmmoSeek is a good website to research prices and shipping...

I prefer SGAmmo.com for good prices and reasonable shipping cost.

It just depends were you find a good deal...and if they have what you want an need.

Ill second this. I search with ammo seek and always come back to sgammo. I shoot a crap ton of .223 and 9mm and set aside 5.56. Where you have to watch on all these deals is the ammo you are buying brand/quality and shipping costs. I.e they may advertise .25 a round but after shipping its more like 29. That's why I like SG. $16 a case out the door period. Use ammoseek to filter out the remans, steel, etc and its always comes down to the same place. plus if you subscribe they send out awesome deals.

FWIW I've never found good prices in MD unless it was remans. I stay away from the steel because I've found it under powered.

All my opinion.............

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Walmart has the ammo you are looking for, and their prices are decent, and you don't need to pay for shipping or wait for your ammo to be delivered to you.

Maybe but I've not seen it up here, their prices are high then you toss in sales tax. Not worth it when you are looking at a 1000 round session. I bide my time and pick up the deals as they come. There is always a certain amount you should keep on hand anyways.

Edit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom