• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    MD will try, so keep your power dry. And beware of the Kool Aid.

I know they will try (I did note that in my paranthetical comment)...I just liked the reading material and don't see how the logic could be twisted to be thrown out. Just my IANAL thoughts.

Thanks again for all of the education to this process, it has been and continues to be an interesting journey!

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    That brings up the question about those of us who have submitted applications back in March. How does the 90 day process period work? Will we be approved and then have the investigation completed? I sent my app in March 9th and have had zero contact since.

I expect the MSP to move forward on the pending apps with the injunction in place in 14 days, unless, of course, MD manages to get the stay reinstated by the ca4 pending appeal sometime in the next 14 days. Don't know, but 14 days is their window, the injunction becomes effective after that and they will not go into contempt.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Well based on what I'm seeing it looks like in 14 days the G&S clause will be lifted... That's what MSI says.

Yes that is true. By the time you get your app together and to them and they look at it. It will be over 14 days so If I were you I would get it done now before the second flood of apps.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Well, IANAL and just a random thought, but the next 14 days will be interesting. Judge Legg did not immediately dissolve the stay, leaving it in place until 07AUG2012, so G&S still applies until then. I am curious to see what MSP will do with our non-G&S applications over the next 14 days.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    Well, IANAL and just a random thought, but the next 14 days will be interesting. Judge Legg did not immediately dissolve the stay, leaving it in place until 07AUG2012, so G&S still applies until then. I am curious to see what MSP will do with our non-G&S applications over the next 14 days.

IANAL but it sounds like to me that they could deny them all, take the cash and start over

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Great news. The biggest steps are done.

The AG will surely beg relief from the 4th. Not sure how that will go. We will see. For now, if you got the app and the cash: apply.

Will have more later. But for those who applied pre-stay, absent an emergency order from the 4th, you should be getting your permits. Some of you quite soon.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    IANAL but it sounds like to me that they could deny them all, take the cash and start over

True, but how would the federal court system view such an action, that is the true question.

We all knew, going into this application process post-Woollard that it would be difficult, time-consuming, and full of games. Just wondering if MSP/MD AG will really run the risk of ticking off the court with games over the next two weeks.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    So since I'm not a felon I will probably be approved for CCW?

No predictions are appropriate on that point. Section 5(i) still applies and the rest of the application must be filled out and investigated under current MSP procedures. Look at the at application and judge for yourself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom