drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    Today is the day,
    to lift the stay.
    In remembrance of Independence Day!

Our founders once abandoned a king,
    Who tried to control, regulate and tax everything.
    In a new world they would again sing.

They didn't want to start again,
    But they could only live as free men.
    A lesson lost on Sheridan.

Liberals tried to have thier way,
    Fewer guns, less crime, they say
    Feelings, not facts - the game they play

"Maryland's finest" will still make hay
    Even after courts lift the stay.
    But Shall issue is still better than may.

Happy Birthday to the land of the free and the home of the brave.

late to the party, just saw this.

But, Wow, FABULOUS! thanks for sharing your creativity and brining a smile.

I know, more "off topic BS"! Sorry! (I don't do it a lot!)

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Page 547. Nearly 11,000 posts. Wow.

Are we still basically waiting for Judge Legg to decide on the stay?

I gave up on waiting for the stay to be lifted. Personally I think this case and stay is so far behind Judge Legg's rear view mirror that he can't see it any longer as he works on other higher priority cases. I think he is not concerned about it thinking it would not be any harm letting the stay be be in place all the way through the appeal in the 4th.

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    I gave up on waiting for the stay to be lifted. Personally I think this case and stay is so far behind Judge Legg's rear view mirror that he can't see it any longer as he works on other higher priority cases. I think he is not concerned about it thinking it would not be any harm letting the stay be be in place all the way through the appeal in the 4th.
    I agree.

The absence of a decision is a decision unto itself I believe.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Really? I couldn't disagree more.

If Judge Legg didn't care, he would have just rubber stamped MD's laws like the other judges did.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    He doesn't have to respond? I thought the timetable was open, but I thought a decision was mandatory.

Theoretically he could not decide; but I think it's very unlikely he would go out on a limb to find the right exists outside the home, then turn and run.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Can Legg discuss the stay with other Judges? Maybe he's not going to decide out of respect for a judge in the current appeal. Does that violate ethics? I highly doubt the man is fearful of making a decision.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Can Legg discuss the stay with other Judges? Maybe he's not going to decide out of respect for a judge in the current appeal. Does that violate ethics? I highly doubt the man is fearful of making a decision.

From what I have seen on here before is that he will not do that. I take it as if he did that it would be like him saying that he does not know how to do his job and needs help doing it.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Theoretically he could not decide; but I think it's very unlikely he would go out on a limb to find the right exists outside the home, then turn and run.

Exactly, from all the posts here, all are "I want it now" people.
    He is taking time to write a very well worded lift, so I think the 4th CA
    really will have a very difficult time finding to re instate the stay again. :thumbsup:
    JMHO for what its worth.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Exactly, from all the posts here, all are "I want it now" people.
    He is taking time to write a very well worded lift, so I think the 4th CA
    really will have a very difficult time finding to re instate the stay again. :thumbsup:
    JMHO for what its worth.

Agree completely... The more time he takes, I think the better off we all are (starting with Ray Woollard)

I'm asked pretty frequently by a couple friends if I have mine yet, and I just have to keep reminding them it's going to be a long time coming.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Boo hoo. But it's all about me... I want my permit now !! I don't care about a carefully reasoned and written ruling on the stay that might prevent a 4CA reinstatement of the stay if it's lifted ...

Hurry up Judge Legg.

Sheesh.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'll repeat a post from earlier the thread in an effort salve the impatient (myself included) among us.

People get impatient on their own personal schedules. The perspective that needs to be understood is that 1) the wheels of the court system turn very slowly and 2) we're moving pretty damn fast, relatively speaking.

"Hurry up and wait" isn't a popular concept, but it's the order of the day here. Relax, take some deep breaths and "enjoy" this ridiculously hot weather. The decision on the stay will come when it comes; days, weeks or months isn't relevant. It's small potatoes. The appeal at CA4 is far more important.

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll repeat a post from earlier the thread in an effort salve the impatient (myself included) among us.
    Good perspective...

There was a time when I was really excited, then I wondered, then I became agitated, then I became impatient, then I became BLOODY impatient, then I became disgusted...

Now? I'm just kinda ambivolent, tomorrow I'll be disinterested and the day after that I won't even care!

By then maybe, just MAYBE I'll finally get my wife to agree to move someplace else!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom